In my opinion, there’s only one app that truely fits the bill when it comes to iOS audio widening and that’s Spatializer. The one thing Spatializer was crying out for was it’s own preset management system especially for those who use apps like Beatmaker 3 which don’t have their own management system compared to apps like AUM which do.
Well……. coming soon.
More about Spatializer
Spatializer is a great choice if you want to widen your sounds but need to avoid:
Spatializer is also excellent for augmenting larger-scale reverbs by adding earlier reflections, moving the listener closer to the virtual sound source.
- phase smearing in the mono mix
- phasing / comb filter effects (from asymmetric channel delays)
- or any changes to the mid channel or mono mix
Key features include:
- Synthesis of Side channel information where there was none
- Built-in multiband transient shapers for delivering a more focused response by suppressing outlier reflections
- Multiple visualization options: Directional RMS distribution, Front / Back balance, Position and motion
- Effects can range from close-proximity / spatial audio effects to larger acoustic space reflections
- Frequency response is optimized to maximize flatness, balancing the spectral density of Left, Right, Side channels
Our selection of subtly tuned presets and the combined psychoacoustic properties of the above features give more leeway to easily experiment with kinds of source material that have traditionally presented difficulties, like tracks with prominent LF content.
Due to its ability to provide subtle and focused responses, as well as good spectral density characteristics, Spatializer is also suited to be included in master bus effects chains.
In multi-track setups it can be used in parallel with other positioning methods to bring more variation to the sound stage or to provide additional ways to adjust the mix.
For more information on Spatializer, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.