The Surge Synth Team have updated Surge, their FREE PC, Mac and Linux compatible synth. The update includes porting it to the JUCE framework for reliability and stability improvements.
The update includes:
- The entire synth has been ported to the JUCE framework, making for far more reliable plugins and behavior, as well as providing us loads of dev tools.
- The entire UI is now accessible to screen readers and other accessible tools for near-complete accessible navigation and editing.
- The power of the modulation section has been expanded, introducing vector modulators and a new Formula modulator.
- Additionally, modulation section has been expanded with a modulation list, which lets you navigate and modify all modulation routings in one view.
- The FX section has been expanded, allowing twice as many FX per patch and adding new FX including Spring Reverb and several new Airwindows.
- The waveshapers has been expanded, going from 5 types to 43.
- Filters have been expanded with a new filter model, Tri-Pole.
- Patch search and favorites have been added to the Patch Browser.
- Loads of new microtuning features, including an extensive tuning editor and analyzer.
- Innumerable bugs have been fixed and added many UI features were added, including more use of drag and drop, windows which can tear out, and keyboard shortcuts.
- A lot of new patches showcasing new features.
Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
Each patch contain two scenes which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used to create layered or split patches.
Quick category-based patch browser with textual search and favorites and contains 2779 patches and 614 wavetables.
For more information on Surge, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.