Daniel Gergely has updated his 2021 KVR Developer Challenge entry Emergence, a very cool granular FX.
The update includes:
- Audio: True stereo processing: both input channels are kept for dry and buffer signals.
- Audio: Add Balance knob for each stream to control which input channel is played by the grains.
- UI: Improve waveform drawing.
- UI: Add buttons to quantize grain pitch.
- Modulation: Add frequency and probability controls for random modulators.
- Modulation: Add an additional random modulator.
Emergence occurs when an entity is observed to have properties its parts do not have on their own, properties or behaviors which emerge only when the parts interact in a wider whole.
This plugin is a real-time granulator. It continuously records the input signal into a buffer. The content of the buffer is played back as many short pieces of sound called grains. Up to 600 grains can be generated in 4 streams, each having it’s own set of parameters that control grain generation. A single grain is not that interesting. The most exciting things happen when hundreds of overlapping grains play together, creating anything from complex delay patterns to strange noises to beautiful layered soundscapes.
- Up to 600 grains (depending on your CPU).
- 4 grain generation streams with independent parameters.
- Modulation system with LFOs, Macros and parameter randomization.
- High quality grain pitch transposition (+/- 24 semitones).
- Freeze buffer contents.
- Built-in help (hover over controls and see text at the bottom).
- VST3 and AU format available.
For more information on the Emergence, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.