A timely collaboration with innovative producer and composer GAIKA, War Island offers multidimensional, evolving sounds from the beating heart of London’s industrial underground. Featuring harsh bassy synth drones, tape-processed drums, pads, leads and warped vocal effects, these expansive sounds are abundantly complex by virtue of GAIKA’s unique and sophisticated processing techniques — made accessible, intuitive and interactive through Spitfire Audio’s dynamic, award-winning plug-in.
Inspired by the sounds of GAIKA’s youth and developed over a number of years, these visceral, abstract environments are inundated with the distinctive buzz of an ever-changing and perceptibly dystopian London, offering a fresh creative lens not only for experimental producers, but composers looking for cutting edge sounds to enhance their scores.
A sophisticated yet easy-to-use library of colossal range, these rich, complex sounds have been meticulously curated, deconstructed and developed from a range of analog synths, hardware and experimental processing techniques by GAIKA and producer and sound designer, Felix Lee. The library offers eight controls, a key feature being the dynamics fader, taking you from the reverberant quality of the processed signal up to the immediate direct impact of the original recording, offering significant creative control. To create this processed signal, every sample was played back through a massive sound system in a large acoustic space at London’s Somerset House, and re-recorded, in order to create space and depth around each sound and provide a new expansive and cinematic perspective.
Capturing the intense, industrial quality of GAIKA’s particular sonic world, this comprehensive toolkit is inspired by sounds GAIKA heard growing up in South London – conjuring its rich cultural backdrop of idiosyncratic musical styles, from gothic hip hop to soundsystem culture and classical tendencies as well as retro-futuristic influences, to produce a range of intense, abstract atmospheres resonating with earth-shattering depth — developed amidst the dystopian backdrop of London in lockdown and a result of being forced to reflect on the state of the city in the wider context of the world.
42 presets, split into 6 sections
- Pads (5) Moody, metallic, and heavy darkwave synth drones made from a range of analog synths including Matrix 6, Matrix 12, JP 8000, Lyra 6 and countless others
- Basses (7) Known for massive, jaw-dropping, villainous bass, GAIKA provides a crunchy low-end to complement the nuance of this idiosyncratic sound domain
- Leads (12)Manipulated and processed tones conjure a dystopian backdrop whilst providing infinite capabilities for layering your unique sonic footprint
- Atmosphere (7) Capturing a unique air of disquiet and metropolitan malaise, these blissfully discordant offerings set up an unsettling atmosphere
- Drums (6) Punchy, layered drums made from old school drum machines with extensive processing, to create dance, rap and techno sensibilities within a classical framework to achieve vast rhythmic possibilities
- Vocals (5) Inspired by jungle music, these glitchy and melodic vocal samples capture the dystopian sound of a retro yet modern urban landscape
GAIKA – War Island is available to PC and Mac users (VST, VST3, AU and AAX) for only $29.
For more information on GAIKA – War Island, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.