Universal Audio are offering their Manley VOXBOX channel strip for $75.00 (usually $229.00). Other UAD plugins are on offer too.
The human voice is the first, most natural musical instrument. It’s also the most expressive. Like the voice itself, Manley’s VOXBOX channel strip is a beautiful and evolved system — a high-end blend of tube-driven preamp, dynamics and EQ circuits, designed specifically for your all-important vocals.
Featuring UA’s groundbreaking Unison™ technology, the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in for Apollo and UAD-2 hardware is a stunningly faithful emulation of this premium vocal channel strip. One listen and you’ll hear why it’s the vocal choice of Beck, Rick Rubin, U2 and more.
Introduced in 1997, the Manley VOXBOX combines the best of Manley’s audio designs, including their high-fidelity tube mic preamp, vactrol optical compressor, Pultec-style passive EQ, and de-esser/limiter into a formidable 3U package. Featuring Manley’s legendary boutique build quality, including in-house wound transformers, the VOXBOX stands alone as a premium tube-driven toolbox for outstanding vocal tracks.
Chock full of Class A vacuum tube tone, the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in expertly emulates the hardware’s rich, feedback-style mic preamp. Harnessing UA’s groundbreaking Unison technology, the VOXBOX plug-in perfectly captures the impedance, gain staging, and the circuit behaviors that have made the hardware famous. The secret is Unison’s bi-directional control and communication — from the plug-in to the digitally controlled mic preamps in Apollo audio interfaces.
Just like the hardware, the Manley VOXBOX plug-in lets you tame transients before the preamp with its flexible optical compressor. This innovative topology, as well as the compressor’s 25 interactive Attack and Release combinations, assure exceptionally clean, smooth-sounding tracks.
The Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in’s three-band, passive EQ is based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5. With two peak bands, one dip band, and greatly expanded and overlapping frequency selections, this broad-stroke EQ keeps the top end sweet, and the lows defined, yet natural sounding — even with extreme boosts and cuts.
At the center of the Manley VOXBOX is its sublime, natural sounding de-esser. With two knobs, you’re afforded complete control of not only vocals, but shrill electric guitars, or overly bright overheads. You can also turn off the de-esser frequency control and use this section as an aggressive and colorful limiter.
For years, the Manley VOXBOX has been a secret weapon for bassists looking to harness its high-end tube signal path and slick EQ and compression appointments. Engineers have also called on the Manley VOXBOX for clean electric guitars, strings, and drums as it’s always-musical results can elevate any source way beyond the ordinary.
- Exclusively licensed by Manley Laboratories, modeled by Universal Audio
- World’s only channel strip custom-designed for the ultimate vocal performance and production experience
- Best of Manley’s designs: Tube mic preamp, optical compressor, limiter/de-esser, and three band passive EQ
- Feedback-style 60 dB tube mic preamp with Mic, Line, or Hi-Z input with Unison technology
- Models entire VOXBOX circuit path, including transformers, tube amplifiers, passive inductor based filters, and optical gain reduction
- Sidechain Unlink/Link, Output transformer bypass, plus final clean makeup gain or attenuation
- Physical input impedance and front panel control of Gain staging and other preamp parameters via Unison
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
For more information on the Manley VOXBOX, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.