Node Audio have released Entonal Studio, a microtonal retuning software plugin and standalone product. It’s available at the intro price of £59.00, increasing to £79.00 after the promotion. The offer ends Augist 16th.
Entonal Studio transforms your favourite plugin synthesizers into microtonal instruments.
More than just a MIDI effect, Entonal Studio is a plugin host that can house third-party virtual instruments in VST2, VST3 and AU formats. Make conventionally tuned instruments microtonal and unlock new dimensions to your favourite plugins.
With over 200 presets to choose from, and intuitive scale editing with our radial graph, Entonal Studio invites newcomers to the world of non-standard tunings to experiment without getting bogged down in the technical side of things. Of course, you can dive in deep if you want to, but you can do a huge amount with Entonal Studio with no prior knowledge of microtonality.
Add or remove new notes to your scales in a list, and type their values in cents, ratios, EDO degrees or mathematical expressions with a maximum 192 notes per octave. Entonal also allows you to define the ratio of the ‘repeating interval’ for scales that don’t repeat at the octave, and view a tuning information table to see exact note frequencies between the -2nd and 8th octaves.
Play your scales how you want, map your scales to your keyboard and perform them in the way that suits you. Remove black notes, change root notes and pitch, or simply auto map for ease.
Entonal Studio supports MPE per-note pitchbends, letting you glide seamlessly from one scale interval to the next on your MPE controller – even if your scale intervals are uneven.
Entonal Studio houses a single oscillator synthesiser called Simple Synth, so you can make microtonal music without any third party synthesisers. Simple Synth offers three waveforms, ADSR envelope controls and a delay unit. The oscillators are alias-free and the envelope is super snappy. There is a tone control to adjust the harmonics for each waveform.
Share your original scales with others, or import scales that others have made, using Scala or XML import and export. Share and discover tunings on our vibrant Entonal Studio Discord channel , and pick up tips and tricks from other microtonal musicians.
Adjust tuning across multiple tracks in your DAW simultaneously with Entonal’s Group function. Create up to four Groups, and add as many iterations of Entonal to each Group as you like. Adjusting your scale in any Entonal in a Group automatically makes the same adjustments in every other instance of Entonal in that Group.
By routing MIDI from Entonal to your pitchbend or MTS-ESP compatible hardware instrument, you can transform your favourite physical synthesisers into microtonal machines with ease. Breath new life into classic and modern synths alike, and hear your collection like never before.
- Host any AU/VST2/VST3 instrument.
- Radial Graph gives angular control over pitch.
- Easy to use with any level of tuning know-how.
- Enter note values in cents, ratios, EDO degrees or as mathematical expressions.
- Custom mapping of notes to a MIDI controller or piano roll.
- Snap to ratios or EDO degrees.
- Display relative note intervals.
- View MIDI keyboard, white-notes keyboard, MPE keyboard.
- View tuning information as table between -2nd and 8th octave.
- Built-in simple synthesizer.
- Group plugin instances to link tunings between tracks in a project.
- Create scales of up to 192 notes.
- Generate equal temperaments.
- Piano roll can adopt note values as note names (Bitwig Studio, FL Studio, Studio One).
- Import/Export Scala files and Tuning XML.
- Flexible layout and custom plugin sizes.
- Runs as: AU, VST2, VST3 plugin; Standalone app.
Entonal Studio is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3 and AU). It’s also a standalone product.
For more information on Entonal Studio, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.