Plugin Boutique have reduced the price of Verberate by Acon Digital for a limited time, now only £59.95 / $79.90, (usually £79.90 / $94.49). The offer ends July 31st.
When it comes to reverb, it’s all about the sound quality. Verberate is an algorithmic reverb plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with exceptional realism. The first Verberate version already raised the bar. Version 2 introduces the Vivid Hall algorithm that adds time variance to avoid the stiffness that plagues convolution based reverbs while preserving the natural high-density reverb tails of Verberate 1.
Real acoustical surroundings will have slight variations due to air currents, moving performers or movements in the audience. While these variations may seem subtle, the effect towards the end of the reverb tail is significant, since the sound is reflected a large number of times before the reverb tail fades out. The new Vivid Hall algorithm models these random variations without artifacts like chorus effects or pitch changes, and is therefore capable of simulating reverberation of real halls with a higher degree of realism.
The decay editor makes it possible to sculpt the reverb tails by setting up frequency-dependent reverb times. There is also a powerful output equalizer integrated.
Another new feature is the ability to better simulate mechanical plate reverbs. High frequencies travel faster in metal plates than low frequencies, and this effect is called frequency dispersion. Verberate 2 now has a Dispersion parameter which allows for highly realistic plate reverb simulations when combined with the decay editor to simulate the longer high-frequency decay of plate reverbs. A new Swirl parameter makes it possible to simulate the feedback modulation effect found in many vintage digital reverb units.
The 15 early reflection patterns offered are algorithmic, calculated in real-time and applied using convolution. A dense and resonance-free late reverb tail follows the early reflections, resulting in extremely convincing room simulations with impressive depth combined with the flexibility algorithmic reverbs are known for.
A large catalogue of beautiful factory presets is delivered with Verberate 2 and a clear and to-the-point graphical user interface simplifies the search for a specific reverb quality.
- Two different late reverb algorithms: The new Vivid Hall and the Legacy Hall from version 1
- Vivid Hall is time-variant and resonance-free
- Independent early reflections and reverberation tail processors
- True stereo processing
- Realistic early reflections that blend into the mix without unpleasant comb filter effects
- Dense late reverberation tails
- Able to model frequency dispersion in mechanical plate reverbs
- Optional swirl effect models the frequency modulated cloud-like reverb tails of vintage digital reverb units
- Uncluttered user interface
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response and frequency-dependent reverberation times
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets
- Save, load and categorize user presets
Verberate 2 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Verberate 2, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.