Plugin Boutique are offering 50% off Vibtage Horns Volumes 1 and 2 by Big Fish Audio for a limited time. Each volume is now only £100.06 / $120.48 (usually £200.12 / $240.95). The offer ends August 10th.
Other Bjg Fish Audio products are also currently half price.
Vintage Horns 1
Emulate the sounds of classic horn sections from the 60s and 70s
Vintage Horns is a horn section virtual instrument that gives you every instrument you need to emulate the classic horn section sounds of R&B, Soul, and Funk bands from the 60’s and 70s. It is available for Kontakt Player 5 and as a ReFill for Reason 6.
As with its sister product, Vintage VI, the goal for Vintage Horns was not to create a shiny, perfect-sounding virtual instrument. Instead, we tried to capture the way horn sections sounded back in the 60s and 70s, including the minor imperfections that added character to those sections and made them sound so good.
With Vintage Horns you can recreate the most popular horn section sounds of the 60’s and 70s, including:
- The Memphis Soul horn section, which typically used a single trumpet with one tenor sax and occasionally a bari sax
- The famous horn section sound of the JBs, which featured trombone, trumpet, alto sax, tenor sax, and bari sax
- The classic big production sound of Detroit Soul
- The Philly Soul sound, with flutes and flugel horn
- And the powerful Oakland Soul sound, with bari sax, 2 tenor saxes, trombone, and two trumpet switching to flugel horns on ballads.
The Vintage Horns Kontakt Player version contains nine instruments patches, each with keyswitches to control Long notes, Short notes, Stabs, Falls, and Swells. For brass and reeds, we also included Sforzando samples. Also included are sixteen multis that give you access to pre-made sections to emulate the sound of classic horn sections and a few basic sections as well.
Vintage Horns features nine multi-sampled brass and wood wind instruments:
- Instruments – Alto Flute / Alto Sax / Baritone Sax / Flugelhorn / Soparano Flute / Tenor Sax / Soprano Sax / Tenor Sax / Trombone / Trumpet Mute / Trumpet Open
- Multis – All Brass Section / All Flute Section / All Sax Section / Big Band Section / BS&T Jazz Rock Section / Detroit Soul Big Section / Detroit Soul Small Section / JBs Section / Memphis Soul Section / Oakland Soul Ballad Section / Oakland Soul Big Section / Philly Soul Ballad Section / Philly Soul Big Section / Retro Latin Big Band Section / Soul Jazz Section #1 / Soul Jazz Section #2
The Vintage Horns reFill includes 53 NN-XT sampler patches, with five different articulations for all instruments: Long notes, Short notes, Stabs, Falls, and Swells. For brass and reeds, we also included Sforzando samples.
Vintage Horns 2
Vintage Horns 2 is a collection of virtual instruments specifically designed to emulate the sound of horn players from the 60s and 70s, including such classic styles as Vintage Funk & Soul, Cool Jazz, Roadhouse R&B and Rock ’n’ Roll, 60s Pop Rock, Vintage Film Noir, and Soul Jazz.
Like its best-selling predecessor, Vintage Horns, Vintage Horns 2 was not designed to be a perfect, pristine-sounding virtual instrument. Instead, our goal was to create a collection of brass and woodwind instruments that captured the character of horn players from the 60s and 70s, including the quirks and minor imperfections that made them sound so good.
Vintage Horns 2 is not just a re-make of Vintage Horns, it is a completely different library that includes complimentary instruments to its predecessor.
The inspiration for Vintage Horns 2 came from the iconic playing styles of such well-known musicians as Maceo Parker, Miles Davis, Junior Walker, King Curtis, Stan Getz, Freddie Hubbard, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Herbie Mann, Zoot Sims, and Gerry Mulligan.
To get the sounds we were after, we studied the playing styles of our inspirations, taking note of things like tone, vibrato, types of instruments, and special genre-specific articulations (growling, singing, flutter-tongue, etc). We deliberately left the tuning loose, and kept in some notes that other horn VIs would have deleted—the kind of honking, squawking, warbling, cracked, and slurred notes used by those classic players.
The end result is a set of sampled horns with real character – and a product that we think is unlike any other horn VI available today. We think you’ll agree, and hope that you enjoy using Vintage Horns 2.
Komplete Kontrol & Maschine Integration
Vintage Horns 2 has been designed for seamless integration with the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series and Maschine, offering you a unique hands-on experience. Manipulate the interface using the controls of all NKS compatible hardware
Both volumes require a free or full version of Kontakt 5 or later.
For more information on Vintage Horns, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.