Plugin Alliance have released the AMEK EQ 250 by Brainworx, modeled on the SONTEK 250 and available at the intro price of $179.99, increasing to $349.00 after the promotion. Use code AMEK250-3999 to get it NOW for only $39.99!! The offer ends August 31st. The AMEK EQ 250 has also been added to the MEGA and MIX & MASTER Bundles at no extra cost.
The original MEP 250 EQs were among the first parametric EQs available. Legendary for their flexibility and sound quality, they are still considered among the best EQs ever made, and fiercely sought after even today by the best studios in the world.
Just like the AMEK EQ 200, the AMEK EQ 250 plugin is inspired by the sound of Dirk Ulrich’s own analog devices, and one of his personal favorites: in this case the Sontec MEP 250ex. It’s a model that has been heard on countless hit records, and renowned for its sweet sounding top end and tight, focused bottom.
The MEP 250ex is a direct descendant of the original parametric EQs created by the pioneers of this technology, made without inductors or switches for an uncompromising signal path. Closely related to the MES 430B EQs found in high end mastering studios, the MEP 250 style of EQ features fully variable controls to provide the freedom and control mixing engineers demand.
Brainworx’ familiar “Extra Unit” adds features to this “holy grail” EQ that cannot be found on the original analog units. This retractable module includes Tolerance Modeling Technology, M/S Processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, THD, Auto Listen for all five bands and more, providing everything you need in the modern digital domain.
- Emulation of the Sontec MEP-250ex inspired by Dirk Ulrich’s privately owned classic unit
- A “Holy Grail” of analog parametric EQs that provides 5 wide-overlapping bands offering 12 dB boost or cut
- Switchable low and high shelving EQs
- Continuously variable HP/LP filters on each channel with musical 12dB/octave slope
- Brainworx´s TMT inside: Tolerance Modeling Technology (US Patent No. 10,725,727) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound in the computer
- M/S Processing to tweak the sides and center of your mixes
- Stereo Width control to expand or reduce the stereo width of your tracks
- “Mono-Maker” sums your low frequency content to mono for focused, punchy bass response
- Scalable User Interface
Legal Disclaimer: The AMEK EQ 250 plugin was developed by AMEK and Brainworx using their own modeling techniques, studying the original MEP 250ex from Sontec®. Sontec® is unaffiliated with AMEK and Brainworx. Sontec® has not licensed any intellectual property for use in the AMEK EQ 250, nor have they endorsed or supported the EQ 250 in any manner.
The AMEK EQ 250 is a available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information the AMEK EQ 250, click here: