Plugin Boutique are offering 50% off Concept 2 by Krotos for a limited time, now only £58.96 / $71.28 (usually £118.80 / $243.62). The offer ends August 31st.
Concept 2 is everything you want in a modern synth plugin, beautiful sounds without the complexity of operation found in many other synths.
Your time is valuable, so Krotos wanted to give you access to a rich sound design palette without having to spend time learning how to use it. With Concept 2, you can get lost in the music, not the manual.
Krotos designed Concept 2 for musicians, producers, composers, sound designers, and post-production professionals who want to create sounds fast. Here are just some of the highlights of the benefits of creating sounds with Concept 2.
With tons of great-sounding presets from top artists, including Roni Size, Richard Devine, and Kayla Painter, there’s every chance you’ll find a sound that works right out of the box. Cinematic lush pads, organic soundscapes, stirring strings, killer bass synths, screaming leads and more.
Presets are a great starting point, but Concept 2 gives you access to almost limitless routing parameters to shape the sound. Use multiple sound sources, or load your own samples into the granular engine and combine with conventional oscillators.
Routing and controlling modulation is a breeze in Concept 2, it’s as easy as dragging and dropping the connections; the creative colour coding means you can see modulation sources at a glance.
With three slots and multiple effects, including; convolution reverb, delay and compressors, you can add even more dimension to your sound design. You can even filter stack and have multiple filters applied to the sound with multiple modulation sources applied.
- New granular oscillator
- New Advanced shape modulator
- New Over 700 presets. Including artist presets from Roni Size, Richard Devine and Kayla Painter
- New Added and improved impulse responses
- New Workflow improvements
- XY capture
- Audio Input
- Drag and drop modulation routing
- Three effects slots with 10 effects, including; convolution reverb, delay, flanger/chorus, filter, EQ, ring mod, limiter, transient shaper, and compressors
- Modulation System – Explore a new approach to modulation using drag-and-drop. Instantly identify your mappings with clear colour coding and animated visual feedback.
- Tweak It – Get inspired quickly using controllable and assignable customisation system. Create variations of your patch with a single click, with results ranging from musical to complex.
- X/Y Capture – Draw your modulation movements within an X/Y field. Capture patterns for any combination of parameters and sync the results to your project’s tempo. Create unique sounds and melodies in an instant.
- FX Rack – Combine a range of ten high-quality effects, and drag-and-drop any parameter into the modulation system. An innovative convolution reverb is included allowing the use of custom impulse responses.
- Audio Input – Stimulate new ideas by performing and modulating with any input or instrument. Use elements from your mix to create dynamic rhythmical patches, or use the pitch follower to create exciting interactions with existing melodies.
- Formant, 12db High Pass, 12db Low Pass, 24db Bandpass and 12db Bandpass Filter Types – Extend your creative palette with filters that mimic the human voice (Formant) or give you more control over shaping your sound. The new additions to the Ladder Filter (for High Pass, Low Pass and Bandpass) are all equipped with Drive, to push those aggressive synth sounds even further. Remember that these new filter types can also be used in the ‘Filter’ in the FX rack, giving you up to 4 filters run in series or parallel!
- Drag & Drop FX Rack Reordering – Change the routing of your FX on the fly! This is a fantastic way to explore Concept’s in-built FX and can produce some exciting and unexpected results at high speed.
- MIDI Learn – Simply right-click on any parameter and assign it to your MIDI controller from within Concept. MIDI mappings are saved across presets and in your session, improving speed and flexibility of work.
- Active / Inactive States in Oscillator and FX Rack UI’s for Improved Workflow – Any inactive section of the plugin (including all Oscillators and FX) will ‘grey out’, so you can quickly see at a glance what is affecting your sound.
- Light & Dark Mode – Choose your preferred user interface option by toggling between both Light and Dark Modes while you work.
Concept 2 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Concept 2, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.