Red Rock Sound have released the RRS CL1 compressor, it’s available as a FREE download however to utilise it’s full potential it requires an in-app purchase of $4.99.
Red Rock Sound CL1 compressor has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration.
RRS CL1 AUv3 plug-in — comes as time-limited Demo-version for you to try. It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time. (You can reload the CL1 AUv3 plug-in as many times as you want, thereby you get the Demo period again and again.) Unlimited version of CL1 AUv3 plug-in comes as In-App Purchase.
CL1 is stereo and mono audio signal dynamic range compressor. CL1 compressor has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration, which happens due to usage of saturation with even harmonics, dithering that gives effect of «air» and oversampling with non-linear phase response that gives effect of «depth».
CL1 compressor besides main dynamic range compression module also contains limiting module («limiter»), which allows controlling peaks passing through the compressor, mid-range equalizer module doing ISO-226 curves equalization and input signal or gain reduction VU-meter with lamp indicator for limiter operation control. CL1 compressor has adjustable high-pass filter for side-chain signal, also supports «parallel» compression and M/S operational mode.
- Two different attack modes: «fast» and «slow»;
- Softness of compressor characteristics control;
- 6 operation modes: double mono, mono with external side-chain signal, mid channel, side channel, M/S, linked stereo;
- Mid-range equalizer and Side-chain signal high-pass filter;
- Pre- or Post-Limiter;
- Attack and Release times multiplier;
- Internal Dithering;
- Parallel compression;
- 8x oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing;
- External Side-chain.
- In «Fast» mode when control signal reaches Threshold the compressor immediately and very fast starts to lower the signal level slowing down by exponential law;
- In «Slow» mode the compressor in the same situation starts gain reduction very slowly thus most attack of the signal passes through.
- The built-in mid-frequencies equalizer is based on mid-frequency range equal loudness curves design and can be used as another tool to position instruments, with ability to highlight backside elements or to add a bit density to frontal elements and move them back at the same time.
CL1 developed on the basis of «МОЛОТ» compressor by Vladislav Goncharov.
To use CL1 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — CL1 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
For more information on, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.