Plugin Boutique are offering 30% off Yum Audio plugins for a limited time which includes LoFi Playtime, now only £65.95 / $74.46, (usually £94.96 / $107.21). The offer ends October 31st.
Playtime is a magical, unique plugin that allows you to literally play with time.
Yum Audio took their virtual tape circuits and used them in a way that would be quite complex to re-create on an analogue device.
The result is a very characterful and unique effect that you can use to pitch, reverse, or add delays and space to your audio.
- Unique new approach to time and pitch.
- Two virtual tapes with different playback speeds, instantly change the played back pitch of your input signal.
- Create textures out of anything and freeze your audio in time.
- Change the sound of your frozen signal on the fly.
- Use Tape Age to create characterful pitch fluctuations and chorusing effects.
- Use delay to create warbling delay lines and mix them with the dry signal.
- Works in Sync with your Session or in free time-based mode.
Play with the speed and time of your audio live. Each tape can read out with slow, normal, or fast speed. The slow speed will read through the virtual tapes inside the plugin slower and play back the audio an octave lower. The fast speed will read out with a higher rate and play back the audio an octave higher. The tapes jumping ahead or back in time create flavourful rhythms as well.
Both tape heads have an age dial which allows you to set how long the virtual tape has been in use. When it is set to 0%, the tape is of pristine quality and will have no pitch fluctuation. When the values are higher, more dropouts plus warble will happen and artefacts will be added to the signal character.
Playtime features a tape based delay algorithm that allows you to re-write onto the virtual tapes synced to your DAW. With the freeze control you can create interesting and alive looping textures from your input signal. The best thing about it: you can change the tape speed, age, brightness, and also reverse the tape even while Freeze is active.
LoFi Playtime is available to PC and Mac users (VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on LoFi Playtime, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.