Plugin Boutique are offering 60% off the PS-20 by Cherry Audio for a limited time, now only £22.96 / $26.33, (usually £39.95 / $45.81). The offer ends November 2nd.
The PS-20 is an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg’s renowned MS-20. First and foremost, PS-20’s dual highpass/lowpass filters super accurately recreate the MS-20’s famous raunchy sound in all of its squelchy, screaming glory. In addition to its unique filters, the MS-20’s other signature feature is its modular-style patch panel. Cherry Audio have reconfigured the patch panel from the original instrument, adding many desired in and out patch points for all oscillators, filters, and VCAs, correcting the confusing terminology of the original, and throwing in a few extras that greatly expand its usability.
Every part of the instrument has been “souped up” with killer features, including 16-note polyphony, a unique three-layer, eight-step sequencer with flexible CV outs, and integrated effects, including a beastly distortion, modulation echo with stereo spread, and a lush digital reverb with fantastic spring and plate emulations.
The PS-20 truly is one of the most quirky and unique instruments Cherry Audio have released. Between its sometimes unpredictable filter behaviour, and the tremendous flexibility of its patch panel and sequencer, the possibilities are endless, and the creative “happy accident” quotient of PS-20 is simply off the charts!
- Super-accurate modelling of classic MS-style highpass and lowpass filters
- Up to 16-voice polyphony with random voice panning available
- Over a billion presets
- Three-channel, eight-step sequencer with 1/2-step quantizer and tempo sync
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Expanded and simplified full-function patch panel
- Advanced, next-generation patch panel cabling system from Voltage Modular
- External Signal Processor section with normalled sidechain input
- Virtual instrument and effect plug-in versions included
- Tempo-syncable modulation generator
- Unison detune for massive lead and bass sounds
- MPE support
- Four user-selectable interface colour themes
- Distortion, studio-quality reverb, and mod echo with tempo sync effects
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
The PS-20 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on the PS-20, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.