Plugin Alliance have released Looptrotter’s SA2RATE 2, a plugin that adds low order harmonics, while smoothly evening out sounds in a musical way. Use SA2RATE 2 to significantly increase your RMS level without raising peaks. It’s available at the intro price of $99.99, increasing to $249.00 after the promotion. You can also purchase it with 4 easy monthly rates of just $24.99 in the new PA Megastore. Mega Bundle users haven’t added to the bundle for free.
Looptrotter’s world-famous solid state saturation circuit adds low order harmonics, while smoothly evening out sounds in a musical and ear-friendly way. Use SA2RATE 2 to significantly increase your RMS level without raising peaks (and without introducing the artifacts of overcompression and limiting) all while adding welcome analog character to your mixes.
SA2RATE 2 employs two unique circuits to help avoid the most common problems associated with oversaturation. “LO Safe” engages a pre-emphasis and de-emphasis circuit to prevent the lowest frequencies from distorting, allowing sources like kick, bass, drum groups and mix buses retain the power and clarity in their lows. Meanwhile, “HI Smooth” boosts high frequencies before the saturation circuit and attenuates them afterwards for deeper saturation and greater transient control of higher frequencies without added harshness.
SA2RATE 2’s Drive control adjusts the input level and the depth of the saturation at once, with the amount of added harmonics indicated by two LEDs that light up at 4% and 8% THD. Independent DRY and WET signal control lets you achieve the perfect blend between the processed and dry signal, allowing the plugin to sound very subtle, adding only slight coloration, or bold and aggressive with 100% saturation engaged.
As always, the engineers at Brainworx have added new digital-only features to this emulation. The LO Safe & HI Smooth filters have been upgraded further with the option of tuning their center frequencies to your taste. Also added is the “Magic” feature from Looptrotter’s SATUR summing mixer which warms up and opens the whole mix, giving it a wide, vivid, analog feel. Also included are M/S functionality for dialing in separate saturation to mids and sides, the Mono Maker, Stereo Width, new Density feature and the ground-breaking TMT (US Patent No. 10,725,727), offering an unrivaled analog experience in the box.
- Exacting emulation of the world class saturator, SA2RATE 2, endorsed and approved by Looptrotter
- Warm up your audio with pleasing harmonics and gentle peak reduction
- Sweepable LO Safe filter for keeping low frequencies tight, punchy and powerful
- Continuously variable HI Smooth filter to add smooth saturation and transient control to high frequencies without adding harshness
- Brainworx´s TMT inside: Tolerance Modeling Technology (US Patent No. 10,725,727) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound in the computer
- MAGIC Feature to warm up and open up the whole mix, giving it a vivid, analog feel
- Two Gain Compensation modes for DRIVE and MAGIC
- Mono-Maker – Sums your low-frequency content to mono, giving you focused, punchy bass response
- Stereo Width – To expand the stereo width of your tracks
- Scalable User Interface
SA2RATE 2 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on SA2RATE 2, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.