Sinevibes have released Vague, a binaural time diffusion processor, available for only $29.00.
In its core, the signal travels through a virtual space comprised of 16 all-pass comb filter stages, with their delay times progressively increasing from start to end. The more stages the signal passes through, the more blurred and smeared it becomes, losing its definition and transient sharpness.
But Vague goes much further than this: it offers binaural expansion via alternating, stereo-opposed time offsets in the individual all-pass stages, which adds quite a unique, three-dimensional vibe.
Another very special feature is the four output snapshots taken as the signal passes through the virtual space: smoothly crossfading between them not only changes the diffusion density, but also makes the timeline granulated.
Moreover, Vague can run multiple independent LFOs to modulate its main parameters, creating a wide variety of rich and charismatic effects: time diffusion and dimensional expansion, blurred unison, granular scrubbing, psychedelic reverberation, and much more.
The Sound Engine
- Diffused space made of 16 chained all-pass comb filters with smooth crossfade between four output snapshots
- Unique binaural expansion implemented via alternating and stereo-opposing time offsets
- Two-way pre-delay line, with an ability for the wet signal to precede the dry signal
- Two main LFOs (sine wave) and four additional chaos LFOs (random triangle) enable intricate parameter modulation
- Lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
- Color-coded graphic elements
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- Built-in preset management functions
- Supports window size scaling up to 200%
Vague is available to PC and Mac users (VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Vague, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.