Plugin Boutique have reduced the price of Petroglyph by Soundiron for a limited time, now only £36.29 / $43.75, (usually £48.67 / $58.68). The offer ends January 1st.
Petroglyph is a stone hand percussion library recorded with a collection of authentic primitive stone artifacts from various North America tribes and cultures from the pre-Columbian era, with some pieces dating back many thousands of years. They include basic tools (mortars, pestles, grindstones, bowls, awls, hammers) and weapons (axe heads, spear tips and arrow heads) in all sorts of shapes, sizes and stone types. The objects are carved from obsidian, serpentine, slate, flint, granite, sandstone, volcanic basalt and animal bone.
The sounds produced can range from heavy grinding scrapes and thuds to thin, glassy taps, clicks, clacks and clinks. We’ve recorded 100 sound sets, each with 8 to 10 round-robin variations for each velocity layer. They’re useful as unique alternatives for traditional hand and drum percussion, electronic percussion, sound effects and game/software user interface sounds. And they have a satisfyingly basic, raw and elemental feel to them that makes them fun to play.
These assorted artifacts of ancient everyday life were discovered all over the continent. Yet they each share the same common forms, shapes, designs and purposes that can be found among tools and weapons in nearly all pre-historic human societies throughout the world. They give us insight into our shared origins as families and tribes of creators and tool makers, farmers, war-makers and hunters. They are not mere curiosities—they are symbols of our common legacy. They were crafted by those who came before us as tools that were meant to be put to use, so as tool-builders ourselves, we feel it is important to give them new life and new potential as creative tools for the modern era.
The custom scripted Kontakt user interface built into this library comes equipped with flexible control features, like attack, release, transient offset, dynamic swelling, filter type selection, resonant filter sweep and a robust Arpeggiator system that provides a full range of custom dynamic arpeggiation modes and step sequencer pattern creation options. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
- A Deeply sampled collection of primitive stone weapons and tools, with 100 recorded articulations.
- Captured up close and in stereo in a dry studio environment
- Recorded with high-fidelity Neumann and Sound Devices hardware
- 7 NKI instrument presets.
- 12 Click articulations
- 17 Flam and bounce articulations
- 13 Hand and finger articulations
- 33 Scrape, drag and grind articulations
- 25 Striking articulations
- Selected tonal “Tuned Percussion” articulations for melodic playing
- Beautifully-rendered user interface.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer
- Multi-FX Rack panel perfect for sound design and creative manipulation
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more
- Unlocked samples that can be used in any software environment that supports regular uncompressed wav files
Petroglyph requires a full version of Kontakt 5.5 or later.
For more information on Petroglyph, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.