Plugin Boutique have reduced the price of Decibel by PROCESS.AUDIO for a limited time, now only £59.95 / $72.00, (usually £119.00 / $142.91). There are deals on other PROCESS.AUDIO plugins too.
One of Decibel’s ground-breaking features is its free companion app for iOS and Android. Open it on a smartphone or tablet, link it to the Decibel desktop application or plugin over Wi-Fi, and the mobile app will mirror the meter display. Link as many devices as you want. Now you can have multiple synced hardware meters running simultaneously in your studio.
Add a professional metering system to your workstation that stays within your visual range. Keep your levels under control.
Deliver podcasts, interviews, and movies with music and voice-overs at the right level.
Connect as many mobile devices (iOS / Android) as you want for a scalable studio metering setup. No latency. WI-FI or USB compatible.
Manage your sound’s dynamics with our unique TrueDyn technology in mixing or mastering situations. Make sure your mixes are delivered at the right LUFS levels with the proper TrueDyn range for your clients or streaming platforms.
Drag & drop your track on Decibel for fast offline analysis. Get results in just a few seconds.
The Stereo Cloud allows you to visualize where the frequencies of your audio material are located in the stereo field. Bass and high frequencies are respectively represented at the bottom and the top of the module. The X-axis represents the stereo field.
The purpose of the Stereo Cloud is for you to be able to visualize what you hear and feel in a precise and innovative way that is pleasing to the eye.
The Super Meter is a unique way to visualize the three most important measurements of your sound. Loudness (LUFS), dynamics (TrueDyn), and peaks (True Peak). The outer rim displays short-term measurements (3-second time span) for a real-time feel of your music, whereas the inner rim displays integrated measurements (from the beginning of your recording).
The classic LUFS meter will show you the LUFS momentary (400ms), LUFS short term (3s), and LUFS integrated values of your signal.
The LUFS momentary value gives you an instant representation of your material’s loudness level, whereas the LUFS integrated value represents your average loudness from the beginning of the recording. The goal is for your LUFS integrated value to settle on your LUFS target value before delivering your material.
The LUFS Histogram represents your music’s loudness (LUFS) and short-term dynamics (TrueDyn) over time. It is the best way to compare different parts of your songs and see how their loudness and dynamics evolve and compare to one another. You can also see if your material exceeded your True Peak Max limit with red alert dots.
VU Meters will help you manage your recording levels and avoid overloading, distortion and help you hit your digital converters at their sweet spots by calibrating the meter’s 0VU level accordingly. The needle’s momentum is set to approximate the human ear response and is well known to be the most ‘musical’ metering system.
Having access to a real-time frequency analyzer allows you to compare your music to reference material or pinpoint issues such as problematic resonating frequencies or frequency build-ups throughout your mix. Additionally, you can easily zoom in on the left part of the spectrum for better precision at the low frequencies.
Before the LUFS norm got into the picture, levels were calculated using the RMS standard. This is the typical gauge we are all used to because this is what we use on every track of every DAW. It is still very practical and straightforward. Plus, this module allows you to show your True Peak value, customize peak hold time constants or zoom into your dB scale for better precision.
Decibel’s Phase Scope will show the correlation between your left and right channels. The module will help you identify mono signals and indicate when your stereo channels are out of phase. It will also visualize your stereo image and show if it leans to one side. As a general rule, the more scattered the dots, the more balanced your signal is. And it looks beautiful.
Target Validators are the perfect way to know if you have met your targets. Decibel has three targets: your loudness (LUFS) target, which will light up in blue when your material settles at the desired LUFS level, your Loudness Range (LRA), and True Peak Max, which will light up in red if they are exceeded. An absolute must when you want to deliver your material according to draconian specs.
Number Boxes allow you to display just about everything computed by Decibel. From LUFS, RMS, and TrueDyn levels to crest factor, LRA, and True Peak.
- Professional stereo and 5.1 audiometers for mixing, mastering, and post-production.
- Unlimited displays for precision metering on all mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Compatible on iOS (13 minimum) & Android (7 minimum).
- Low latency connectivity via WI-FI or USB connectivity for high accuracy real-time analysis.
- Compatible with all main DAWs (Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic Pro X, Ableton, Studio One, and Luna).
- All plugin formats (64 bits) AU, VST3, AAX, and standalone.
- Compatible with Premiere Pro (DaVinci and Final Cut Pro coming soon).
- Compliant with all major broadcast standards, including ATSC A/85 and EBU R128, NETFLIX & DVD BLUE-RAY.
- Fully customizable Super Meter, Phase Scope, Spectrum Analyzer, and various modules that provide all essential audio monitoring information.
- High-speed offline analysis based on PROCESS.AUDIO measurement algorithms.
- Exportable statistics and overview for all key audio monitoring measuring parameters.
- State-of-the-art Super Meter including True Peak meter, LUFS, and TrueDyn measurements.
- Tracking LUFS Histogram to check loudness level, clipping & audio dynamics across time.
- Spectrum Analyzer to check the frequency content of your sound, including a mid-side stereo real-time analysis.
- Configuration VU Meter with needle overshoot algorithm integrated.
- Precision stereo/surround correlation meter with Phase Scope.
- Fully customizable skins, colours, targets and layout.
- Designed and engineered by the PROCESS.AUDIO & pureMix teams.
Decibel is available to PC and Mac users (VST, AU and AAX). An iLok account is required.
For more information on Thunderdome and the other Capsule deals, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.