Scaler 2 has been updated to version 1.4 and finds a whole host of improvements and highly useful additions to what is already an invaluable product.
Scaler 2 iOS is a multiple award winning music theory workstation redesigned from the ground up for iPad OS. Scaler 2 is an inspirational and creative music tool that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords, melodies and basslines that match your music.
Scaler 2 can connect to any keyboard, synth or device using bluetooth audio and midi. Scaler is fully compatible with GarageBand and Audio Mixers to get you writing music on the fly in an environment that suits you. Scaler 2 makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
Whats new in version 1.4
- Handle bind velocity based on default or custom chord velocity.
- Prevent a crash with the next user set selector when the folder is empty.
- Fix a crash when sending too many change scale commands to multiple instances simultaneously.
- Fix an issue causing the auto-play to jump to the scale playback when browsing chord sets.
- Improve Next/Previous navigation in User chord sets when using Auto-Play.
- Add ability to Auto-Play while in detect screen.
- Fix Avant-Garde 5 phrase for major chords.
- Improve Daw-Sync playback
- Fix calculation issue causing notes with 0 duration in played MIDI
- Make undo/redo buttons always visible in Section C.
- Clear Undo/Redo history when clearing state or when importing a state file.
- Fix Daw-Sync timing causing playback to start early in Cubase.
- Fix Play-Quantize offset calculation.
- Remember the last selected scale on circle of fifths in the Voicing Editor.
- Add Live Sync ability to keep the Progression Builder (Section C) synchronised across other Scaler instances in realtime.
- Add new modes for Parallel Harmony to generate progressions by thirds, fourths, and fifths.
- Add Auto Play in browser (Section A) to enable quick preview of chord sets.
- Add Multi Voice Output (Multi Midi Out) option to split each note of chords onto separate channels.
- Add Global UI Velocity controls to change the strength of MIDI notes played through the interface.
- Add ability to consolidate chords from multiple patterns into a single chord set file.
- Scale Based Sequences.
- 80s, Classical, HipHop, LoFi Chord Sets.
- Fixed Bass Chord Sets (Triad and Extended).
- Divisi 4 Part Chord Sets (Intended to work with Multi Midi Out).
- Avant-Garde Phrases
- Avant-Garde Performances
- Internal Orchestral Bass Instrument
- Internal LoFi Instrument
Scaler 2 is available to PC, Mac and iOS users (VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and AUv3).
For more information on Scaler 2, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.