SonoBus, the FREE PC, Mac, iOS, Linux and soon to be available Android peer-to-peer audio streaming application has received a huge update which includes a number of additions and features. You can join the Android beta test (see below).
What’s new in version 1.6.0
- Added support for private chat messages. Press the dots menu near the bottom right of the chat page to start a private chat with someone in your current connected group.
- Can now drag to reorder samples in a Soundboard
- Improved visibility of actively playing soundboard samples
- Soundboard sample gain now changes immediately when dragging slider
- Added toggle for default numeric hotkey trigger for soundboard
- Added button to apply sample options to all other samples in the current soundboard in the sample editor.
- Added support for VDO.Ninja link generation for the group. Get to it from the group name button near the top. VDO.Ninja is a very flexible free high-quality web-based video streaming system.
- Saves/restores input mixer Mute state
- Added support to save plugin default options (which are used with new instances).
- Added show/hide group password button
- Reconnect to Last Group feature now works properly in a plugin when the UI isn’t shown
- If the connection server goes down, now automatically attempts to reconnect to it
- Now hides connected users’ IP addresses by default in the receive options popup (lower right of user strip), click the area to show
- Added Block by IP feature, to prevent any user from a certain IP from communicating with you in a group. You can get to that feature by clicking in the Send Quality area popup (lower left of user strip).
- Fixed support for loaded external files in the soundboard
SonoBus is an easy to use application for streaming high-quality, low-latency peer-to-peer audio between devices over the internet or a local network.
Simply choose a unique group name (with optional password), and instantly connect multiple people together to make music, remote sessions, podcasts, etc. Easily record the audio from everyone, as well as playback any audio content to the whole group.
Connects multiple users together to send and receive audio among all in a group, with fine-grained control over latency, quality and overall mix. Includes optional input compression, noise gate, and EQ effects, along with a master reverb. All settings are dynamic, network statistics are clearly visible.
Works as a standalone application on macOS, Windows, iOS, and GNU/Linux, and as an audio plugin (AU, VST, and AAX) on macOS and Windows. Use it on your desktop or in your DAW, or on your mobile device.
Simple But Powerful
Easy to setup and use, yet still provides all the details that audio nerds want to see. Audio quality can be instantly adjusted from full uncompressed PCM (16, 24, or 32 bit) or with various compressed bitrates (16-256 kbps per channel) using the low-latency Opus codec.
SonoBus does not use any echo cancellation, or automatic noise reduction in order to maintain the highest audio quality. As a result, if you have a live microphone signal you will need to also use headphones to prevent echos and/or feedback.
For best results, and to achieve the lowest latencies, connect your computer with wired ethernet to your router. Although it will work with WiFi, the added network jitter and packet loss will require you to use a bigger jitter buffer to maintain a quality audio signal, which results in higher latencies.
SonoBus does NOT currently use any encryption for the data communication, so while it is very unlikely that it will be intercepted, please keep that in mind. All audio is sent directly between users peer-to-peer, the connection server is only used so that the users in a group can find each other.
For getting started and lots of more detailed information please look at the SonoBus User Guide.
For tutorial videos check out our YouTube channel.
SonoBus is available to PC, Mac, iOS and Linux users (VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, in-app audio and AUv3. Use the ‘Android beta’ button to join the Android beta.
For more information SonoBus, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.