Sound Dust have released FELT DULCITONE, FELT DULCITONE, a new, magical keyboard instrument, a refreshing alternative to the tired and overused standard. It’s available for £40.00 / $50.00 / €45.00.
Organic and packed with character, FELT DULCITONE has an otherworldly presence and warmth that feels personal, like the loving nuzzle of a furry pet in front of a crackling open fire.
Originally designed and manufactured in Scotland in the 1800’s, and with allegedly only 2000 in existence, a DULCITONE is a portable keyboard that was made for missionaries to hump around remote African village churches to help perk up hymn services.
It has a very basic piano action with spring-loaded felt covered hammers striking small magnet shaped tuning forks. Like a Fender Rhodes electric piano without electricity, with a very lovely woody, clonky glockenspiel/celesta kind of sound.
- 1 Kontakt 6 instrument
- 24 snapshots – you will soon be making your own
- 10 layers of velocity per note with 4 round robins per note
- Binaural samples recorded with Jecklin Disc technique
- 509MB download (NCW compressed from 1.6GB sample pool)
- Sample start position control
- Main volume plus Octave up volume control
- Note off volume
- Vinyl crackle volume control
- Attack and release control
- Multimode humanized ARP/sequencer
- Drag and drop midi recorder
- Keyboard velocity sensitivity adjustment
- Voice stack mode for up to eight notes at once
- Insert Effects: transient master, tape, EQ, guitar pedal, low end thump, room IR reverb
- Replika delay and 3 high quality algorithmic reverbs
- All controls will show up in DAW automation
FELT DULCITONE requires a full version of Kontakt 6.7 or later.
For more information on FELT DULCITONE, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.