Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited have updated Trinity with macOS compatibility and a number of improvements and fixes. It’s currently available for $5.99.
What’s new in version 1.3
- Trinity is now also available as a macOS App on the App Store!
- Export: The location where to save the exported audio can now be chosen.
- The “Output” slider now only goes up to +6 dB when in “Clip” mode, for finer adjustments.
- Player won’t fade in if playback is started near the beginning.
- Loading “Compression” or “Stereo” partial presets is now smoother (no clicking).
- The spectrum analyzer’s background now accurately reflects the effect of the “Solo” toggles of the multiband section.
- Minor user interface refinements.
- Slightly increased font size.
- Base normalization of input file was sometimes not applied.
Trinitu is an effective integrated mastering solution that contains a set of precisely matched and fine-tuned creative tools for achieving the desired sound and loudness.
Focused on a reference-based mastering workflow, Trinity lets you work with an optional reference track whose sound you want to achieve, using a flexible spectrum analyzer to aid in comparing and matching.
All controls and sliders are fine-tuned for ease of use, appropriate sensitivity and defaults, making adjustments easy and efficient. Everything is available on a single screen without any distracting menu-diving.
44.1, 48 and 96 kHz sample rates are supported, as well as virtually all audio file types for import.
For a detailed guide on how to use Trinity, please visit the website!
- In addition to the raw input audio file, another (professionally produced) track can be loaded as a reference
- Easy and immediate switching between both tracks for comparison and adjusting the app’s controls to attain the desired sound
- Seek bars with waveform previews and one-click seeking
- One-click section looping for focusing on a certain part of the track
- High-resolution and responsive FFT averaging frequency analyzer
- Differential Spectrum feature can show the spectral differences between input and reference track for visual matching
- Adjustable response time (averaging)
- Precise Full-resolution or Smooth Half Octave Averaged display
- Transparent Low-Cut Filter with adjustable cutoff frequency and 12 or 24 dB/octave slope
- High-Shelving EQ with either a gentle characteristic or a steeper 12 dB/octave slope and variable gain and frequency for fine-tuning brilliance
- Up to three freely adjustable general-purpose peaking EQs
- Visualization of overall response curve
- Three frequency bands with adjustable crossover frequencies
- Two selectable crossover types (custom-designed, smooth Trinity crossover or more surgical phase-corrected 24 dB/oct Linkwitz-Riley (LR4) crossover)
- Ratio, Attack, Knee, Release and Gain controls per band
- Global “Compress” control and per-band Density control with intelligent make-up gain replace the traditional “Threshold” controls for easier operation
- Precise gain reduction meters
- The compressor section’s response can optionally be included in the spectrum response curve display
- Solo toggles to isolate bands for precise tuning
- Automatic base normalization of input file
- Two realtime normalizers (pre- and post multiband section) with optional analog saturation for transient cleanup, additional loudness maximization or sound shaping
MULTI-BAND STEREO PROCESSING:
- Simple but effective Three-Band Stereo Width (M/S) controls from Mono to Extra-Wide
- Fine-tuned with love, individually per band, for keeping perceived loudness and giving useful results
- Basic Goniometer (Phase Scope)
Optional Wave Shaping with five selectable algorithms
HQ toggle for High-Quality Oversampling
LIMITER / CLIPPER:
- Either a look-ahead brickwall limiter or a hard clipper can be used in the final stage depending on taste
- Adjustable Attack and Release
- Adjustable output ceiling from -2 to 0 dBFS
- Responsive and accurate stereo output meters
- RMS or LUFS (Momentary, Short Term, Integrated) metering
- PEAK metering always shown simultaneously
- Normalizers with accurate saturation / clip indication
- Export as 16-bit or 24-bit WAV files
- Optional rectangular dithering
NOTE: Trinity currently does not support running in the background, so your audio will stop as soon as you leave the app or lock the device. This might change in a future update.
For more information on Trinity, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.