Woodman’s Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio have released a huge update (version 3.0) to WoodSynth which includes a number sequencer focused additions, improvements and more. WoodSynth is curreny available to iOS users for only $13.99 and MacOS users for only $44.99.
Here’s what’s new:
New Sequencer UI:
- New large panel with all 16 steps in 1 row
- New per step Mute/Skip button
- new large Volume fader per step
- Added led on/off and led playing for each step
- Volume curve can be drawn
- Added “All Steps” button. (modifying a step parameter is set in all steps)
New Sequencer functionality:
- Step “On” or “Skip” probability
- Random note can now be set per step (was previously on/off for all steps)
- Random note probability per step
- Random note range can be set per step
- Ratcheting (repetition of same note in the step) per step
- 9 ratcheting patterns provided (triplet, 4-sixteenths, 2-eights, etc)
- Different duration per step. (regular step time multiplied or divided by 2,3 or 4)
- Ratcheting probability per step
- 4 sequence Variations (which can have different values for all step params)
- Variations can be selected manually, randomly or from a Playlist
- Playlist allows to create 64 steps sequence or can be used for verse, chorus, etc
- Variation glide for note values and volume : gradual transition between 2 Variations
- Sub semitone allows for “strange” note values in a Variation glide or for random notes
- Variation glide between notes can be limited to the selected scale
- Variation glide and Sub Semitone can be set on/off per step
- Added Envelope ADSR parameters per step
- Added more scales to the random note Limit Scales. (Ionian, Minor Harmonic, Acoustic, Lydian, Dorian, Phrygian)
- Touch bar lowest center note is now C1 (was C2)
- Floating panels (Sequencer, CV, 3D, Advanced) can be moved around
- Midi Out channel for Sequencer and Touch bar are now global and not part of a preset any longer
- Delay now has its own Mod LFO (freeing up the general LFO’s)
- Stereo Out delay now only applied on delay and reverb (to avoid destroying center bass notes)
- Resizing the window does not toggle between the classic-expanded view any longer
- Smaller iPads can now also toggle to the expanded view (overview …)
- Fixed a problem in the Copy Factory Presets (was sometimes duplicating presets)
- Fixed delay and reverb in 3D output
New Presets (all in the new factory subfolder “sequences”)
- Lymbo’s Echoes
- Mystic Candles
- Ratch 22
- The First Day In The Universe
WoodSynth is a synthesizer with 4 independent layers. Each layer is in fact a synthesizer in its own.
Each layer has 3 VCO’s plus a samples or wavetable based source, coming from a file or from recording the audio track.
Up to 16 voices can be set per layer.
Layers can be used in parallel, assigned to a region of the keyboard or used in a sequential mode where the first note(s) on are played by layer 1 and the next note(s) by layer 2 and so on.
This last mode allows to have a different sound per note played (and independent from a keyboard region).
WoodSynth has a polyphonic pitch-bending touch bar which also displays notes received from a keyboard.
Each layer has its own filter and envelope with ADSR per voice, a pitch shifting envelope per VCO, a delay, a basic reverb, a modulator LFO per VCO, 2 general LFO’s and a 16 steps sequencer.
Key tracking can be applied on the ADSR attack and release, on the filter cutoff and on the VCO modulation.
The app can be used stand-alone (device audio input and output) or as a plugin in a DAW.
- AUv3 (iOS) (MacOS) AU, AAX, VST2, VST3 and stand-alone app.
- Has 4 independent synthesizers, each with up to 16 voices.
- Supports MPE.
- Has a polyphonic touch bar with polyphonic pitch bending.
- Velocity, channel pressure, (polyphonic) aftertouch, CC74 can be used to modulate several synth parameters.
- VCO’s have the usual waveforms (sine, saw, square, triangle, pulse and noise) and can be modulated in various ways (FM, AM, Pulse Width, Slew rate)
- Samples can be recorded from the audio input/track or loaded from file (sample files should be in the WoodSynth iCloud folder)
- Wavetables can be loaded from file or converted from loaded or recorded samples.
- Each voice has a 4-pole Moog Lowpass filter with resonance and ADSR envelope.
- An offset can be set in the Filter cutoff for the R channel to create a stereo effect.
- Each voice has a pitch shifting ADSR envelope which can be independently enabled for each VCO.
- Has Key tracking for VCO pan, Filter cutoff, ADSR Envelope Attack and Release.
- Each layer has a delay unit (which can be separately panned) and a basic reverb.
- Each layer has a 16 steps sequencer which can run on multiple voices (poly mode).
- Each layer can set the midi channel and range of receiving midi notes (which allows for up to 4 split keyboard regions).
- Layers can be set in sequential mode : first note(s) played on layer1, next note(s) on layer2, etc.
- Layers have an additional high-pass filter saturation and crush control.
- Synth audio and delay can be panned independently.
- The 2 general LFO’s can have their source from the samples or wavetables (or track input).
- Supports Ableton Link to sync tempo and start-stop.
- Has 4 User Control rotaries which can be freely assigned.
- The User Controls can be controlled by a midi CC which can be set or learned.
- Presets can be stored in iCloud Drive (makes them available on all your devices).
For more information on WoodSynth, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.