Plugin Alliance have released the AMEK Mastering Compressor, a legend in the Mastering fraternity, available at the intro price of $149.99, increasing to $399.00 after the promotion. It can also be purchase with 6 monthly payments of $24.99. It’s also available in the MEGA and MIX & MASTER Bundles at no extra cost. It’s available to FOREVER 29 users as well.
A compressor that hears music like you do
Like the original high-end hardware that inspired it, AMEK’s Mastering Compressor takes advantage of multiple True RMS detectors. This allows it to respond intelligently to changes in signal energy in the same naturally logarithmic way as the human ear, for stunningly transparent dynamic control.
Controls unlike any other compressor
Instead of employing conventional attack and release controls, the AMEK Mastering Compressor offers an even more flexible way of dialing in the perfect compressor timing. Using 3 distinct detector circuits—slow, fast and peak—you can choose exactly how much compression you want for each aspect of the signal, to strike the perfect blend. It’s almost like having three complimentary compressors in one.
A new way to visualize compression
This mastering grade tool offers not just a unique take on using compression, but a better way of visualizing it, too. The new, Brainworx-designed detector graph shows you exactly which of the three detector circuits is controlling the compressor’s response at any given time. Meanwhile, the distinctive output meter (borrowed from the original hardware), shows you how much output, compression and net signal change are occurring, all in one glance.
Fine tune to your heart’s content
With the ratio control in its “Soft” setting, the AMEK Mastering Compressor has a gentle, program-dependent ratio reminiscent of the best tube compressors, but with much more transparency. In the rest of its settings, it takes on a harder knee for snappier, more assertive compression that still sounds remarkably smooth and clean. Controls like “Relative Hysterisis” and “Timing” allow for exacting refinement of the compressor’s envelope.
Made for more than just mastering
Although the original hardware was widely coveted for its rich and transparent performance in mastering and mix bus applications, it’s also a favorite on all sorts of single instrument sources, including vocals, bass, acoustic guitar and more. The plugin includes a dedicated mono version designed specifically for these uses.
Made even more powerful with plugin-only features
As always, the engineers at Brainworx have added new digital-only features that would be impossible in the analog domain. In addition to regular favorites like the Mono Maker, Stereo Width, Auto Listen, Headroom and TMT controls, the AMEK Mastering Compressor adds the visual detector graph, a powerful 3-band sidechain filter, and a totally new feature called VCA Clip, which models the soft-clipping behavior of the original analog VCA at high signal levels.
- An analog model of Dirk Ulrich’s privately owned compressor unit
- Offers a different way to approach compression, with unrivaled transparency
- Two True RMS detectors and one Peak detector blend together to respond intelligently to real signal energy
- Brainworx´ TMT inside: Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, US Patent No. 10,725,727) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound in the box
- VCA Clip control
- Ambience – lets you easily hear exactly what your compressor is doing
- Headroom control for gain-staging
- Detector Activity Monitor – Displays the relation between the three level detectors to visualize timing behavior and Threshold setting
- Auto Listen – To accurately position the filter in the frequency domain and to clearly hear the effect of the dynamics
- Mono-Maker – Sums your low-frequency content to mono, giving you focused, punchy bass response
- Stereo Width – To expand the stereo width of your tracks
- A separate Mono Version – for using the plugin on individual tracks such Bass Drum, Snare, Bass, Vocals etc.
- Scalable User Interface
- Artist Presets provided by Craig Bauer
The AMEK Mastering Compressor is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on the AMEK Mastering Compressor, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.