ADSR are offering 70% off the off Rackmode Signal Processors by Cherry Audio for a limited time, now only $39.00, (usually $129.00). The offer ends March 1st.
Rackmode Signal Processors is a bundle of seven virtual effects and an instrument plugin that replicate the classic rack-mounted Moog Signal Processors of the 1970s and ‘80s. This exclusive collection is the first time this entire line of renowned analog treasures has been recreated as virtual effects. Rackmode also marks Cherry Audio’s latest collaboration with award-winning synth designer and DSP legend Mark Barton (MRB), who modeled the circuit-precise emulations based on the original rack-mounted hardware.
- Rackmode Vocoder (instrument and effects versions)
- Rackmode Phaser
- Rackmode Ring Modulator
- Rackmode String Filter
- Rackmode Frequency Shifter
- Rackmode Graphic EQ
- Rackmode Parametric EQ
Cherry Audio has expanded these awe-inspiring vintage effects with additional features aimed at today’s music producers, including presets, syncable LFOs, stereo processing, and full Apple Silicon M1 native support. And speaking of authenticity, these effects capture not only the deep sounds and capabilities of the original Signal Processor line, but also the elegant look and heritage of their rack-mounted enclosures.
In the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, Moog Music Inc., (then owned by Norlin Music, Inc.) wanted to extend their reach further into the production studio. They created the Signal Processor family of rack-mounted products featuring the 16 Channel Vocoder (designed by pioneer Harald Bode), the 12 Stage Phaser, and the Ten Band Graphic and Three Band Parametric Equalizers. Other related rack products were the Harald Bode-designed Frequency Shifter and Ring Modulator, and the singular String Filter created by Moog’s Custom Engineering Group.
The Moog Signal Processors have found a place in production facilities worldwide, both past and present. Artists like Wendy Carlos, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Tangerine Dream, John Carpenter, Genesis, Jan Hammer, Mouse on Mars, and Coldplay have used them to shape their distinctive sounds. And producers as diverse as Giorgio Moroder, Mike Elizondo, and Sylvia Massy have cited these black boxes as treasured parts of their studio gear. Today these units are increasingly scarce and fetch prices far above their original value – that is, if they can be found at all.
Cherry Audio’s Rackmode Signal Processors collection represents a first-time opportunity for producers to explore these studio-quality vintage effects. When combined with today’s modern production workflow, experimentation will lead to inspiration, and an old approach to sound can unexpectedly result in something completely new.
If tracked down and purchased today, the original hardware would cost well over $20,000.
- Eight circuit-precise emulations based on the original rack-mounted hardware:
- Rackmode Vocoder – Rackmode includes two versions for this 16 channel classic: an instrument plugin with a built-in dual oscillator, and an effects plugin to modify other input formats and DAW tracks for unlimited processing flexibility
- Rackmode Phaser – Based on the definitive 12 stage original known for its lush, sweeping textures
- Rackmode Ring Modulator – Based on Moog’s Harald Bode Ring Modulator with Squelch control
- Rackmode String Filter – Based on the extremely rare system created by Moog’s Custom Engineering Group, this module utilizes filter arrays that mimic acoustic string instruments
- Rackmode Frequency Shifter – Mixes two external inputs or sidechains a single input with its own built-in oscillator. The Frequency Shifter creates colorful, often metallic effects by modifying the ratio of incoming frequency components
- Rackmode Graphic EQ – Ten selectable frequency bands with Drive and Gain controls, capable of creating exotic effects when used with other instruments and effects
- Rackmode Parametric EQ – Three bands for sculpting Low, Mid, and High-frequency ranges
- Provided as standalone applications and DAW plugin versions
- User preset library, including over 150 presets for common uses and instruments
- Sync to DAW master tempo
- Selectable mono/stereo modes
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- Full Apple Silicon M1 native support
The Rackmode Signal Processors are available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and standalone).
For more information on the Rackmode Signal Processors, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.