Waves have released the Magma Tube Channel Strip, a plugin modeled on the detailed circuit behavior of carefully selected vintage valve tube hardware. Magma Tube Channel Strip is available at the intro price of $29.99, increasing to $149.00 after the promotion.
Magma Tube Channel Strip uses the same Waves True Valve Modeling technology that was utilized to create the massively successful BB Tubes plugin.
Magma Channel is built for speed: just a few no-nonsense knobs for drive/saturation, EQ lows, mids, and highs, compression and expansion/gating—each knob carefully designed to hit a sweet spot no matter where you turn it.
The Magma Tube Channel Strip is perfect for any vocal, instrument, or bus. As Grammy-winning mix engineer Jacquire King says, “Whatever you run through it, it just sounds better!”
Add depth and dimension to flat digital tracks, with maximum warmth and clarity. Give silky top end and super-fat bottom to any vocal or instrument. Glue your overall mix together with Magma’s combination of warm drive and compression. Magma Channel is also a great vibe plugin for smashing drums, shaping guitars and synths, getting a classic bass tone, or sculpting lofi loops.
Magma Channel includes three channel strip modules:
- Input drive/saturation: Going from subtle saturation to full-on harmonic distortion, with a warm, in-your-face, soft clipping sound that jumps out of the speakers.
- 3-Band musical EQ: Magma’s streamlined EQ section allows quick tone shaping—don’t worry about numbers, just trust your ears. The EQ section includes High and Low shelves, plus a Mid wide bell knob with sweepable frequency control.
- Dynamics: The single-knob compressor goes from gentle glue to full aggressive pump. Turn SMASH on for extra explosiveness, with a higher compression ratio and quick attack and release. The expander/gate will help you get a tighter sound with greater focus and clarity.
Magma Channel comes with hundreds of artist presets by dozens of top producers, mixing and mastering engineers, including Jacquire King, Greg Wells, Joe Chiccarelli, Lu Diaz, Neal H Pogue, Richard Chycki, ‘Pooch’ Van Druten, Matt Schaeffer, Jeff Ellis, and dozens more.
With Magma, you can stay focused on your creative vision and nail your sound quickly, with beautiful analog texture and tone on any track.
- The rich analog Magma sound, in a full-on channel strip
- Tube-based dynamics, EQ, and saturation
- Glue your mix together with tube compression and drive
- Add creamy tube saturation, from subtle to fully distorted
- Add silky top end and super-fat bottom with a musical 3-band EQ
- Control dynamics with subtle to aggressive tube compression
- Get tighter, cleaner dynamics with Magma’s gate/expander
- +450 artist presets by Jacquire King, Greg Wells, Lu Diaz, more
The Magma Tube Channel Stripmis available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on the Magma Tube Channel Strip, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.