Tone2 have released Electra3, a HUGE update for Electra synth and it’s available for $169.00 / €149.00. There’s also an upgrade deal: Electra2 and ElectraX v1.x owners are able to upgrade to v3.x with a big discount ($89.00 / €79.00 instead of $169.00).
The award-winning Tone2 Electra is one of the most powerful synthesizers ever. It’s the complete synthesis solution! Explore a vast musical universe of multi-synthesis oscillators, analog filters, chaotic fractals, samples, flexible modulation and an immense sonic range.
The update to v3.0 is a giant update that is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All your existing songs and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary and will benefit from the enhanced sound-quality.
Many people say that Electra3 is the most powerful synthesizer on the market. This is a bold claim, but why is it true? Tone2 Electra breathes new life into the term “synthesizer workstation”. With its powerful and sonically versatile approach to audio production, it provides you with truly outstanding new sounds.
The instrument is equipped with a high-end quality sound engine with multi-layer support and a wide range of music-production features. It’s friendly, easy to use interface allows first-timers to easily create sounds and enables experts to delve into sound-design as deeply as they want to. With Tone2’s high-end technology at its core, you’re not only working with the best sound quality possible, but also a lower CPU usage and larger palette for creating original sounds than with any other type of workstation.
Electra3 comes with an astounding collection of 1439 production-ready sounds by professional sound designers. A smart patch browser gives you an instant overview of all the available categories and sounds. Just pick the sound you want – it’s that easy.
New features – interface:
- GUI with 16 different sizes (with and without editor / effects).
- Native support for WQHD, 4K, 5K and 8K UHD displays.
- GUI can be scaled from 50% up to 300% by clicking in the lower right corner.
- Smoother animations and more responisve controls.
- Support for hardware-acceleration.
- Ultrasharp graphics with enhanced HiDpi and Retina Display support.
- The SYNTH button flashes when a layer plays a note.This makes it easier to work with several arpeggiators.
- Automatic detection of the ideal GUI size.
- A check-mark shows the last loaded custom-waveform.
- Online help with tutorial videos.
New features – synthesis:
- 118 additional patches that make use of the new features. The synth ships with 1439 patches now.
- The 8Bit noise oscillator can create lo-fi fx sounds from the past.The sound can be changed with PW and the key.
- Major and minor chords are available as additional key modes for the arpeggiator.
- The new ‘Transient shaper’ adds punch and presence to the sounds. It can be accessed in the ‘sound mode’ selector.
- The new ‘Transient + Bass’ mode adds presence and dynamic bass pressure to the sounds.It can be accessed in the ‘sound mode’ selector.
- New analog pulse oscillator types : Pulse 1/2, Pulse 2/5, Pulse 1/3, Pulse 1/4, Pulse 1/5, Pulse 1/6, Pulse 1/8.
- New analog oscillator types with inverted phase : Saw invert, Pulse invert.
- New analog oscillator types : Impulse, Sine Flip, Comb 2, Comb 3.
- New reverb-types : Cold, Theater and Hangar.
- 40 new waveforms for the custom-wave/wavetable oscillators.
- New bipolar modulation source : “Step LFO/Envelope +-“.
- Monophonic LFOs that re-trigger only with the first pressed key (set the LFO mode to ‘Mono’).
- Monophonic STEP LFOs (set the trigger mode to ‘Mono loop’).
Enhancements – synthesis:
- The audio-engine now uses 64-bit precision instead of 32-bit, which results in a higher sound-quality.
- CPU useage has been lowered.
- Maximum Delay-time has been extended.
- Enhanced sound of the automatic micro-tuning : A wide range of chords are detected.
- Replaced ‘Reverb Hall’ with a better sounding algorithm.
- Slightly enhanced sound of the Reverb types ‘Cathedral’, ‘Room’, ‘Infinity’, ‘Big’, ‘Glass’, ‘Plate’.
- The arpeggiator’s Stack-mode has been enhanced and can handle polyphonic input and duplicate notes.
- Enhanced sound of Unison.
- Unused matrix slots are cleaned-up automatically after saving patches.
New Multistep-Envelope / LFO (available for each one of the 4 synth-layers):
- The STEP LFO has been completely rewritten.
- It can be used as a Multistep Envelope by changing trigger-mode to Envelope.
- The modulation capabilities of the synth have been extended drastically.
- Editing and sound-design is more intuitive.
- A realtime-display visualizes the current shape.
- The current play-position is shown.
- Unused parts of the LFO are faded-out.
- The STEP LFO shape and values are not longer only updated after NoteOn.
- It offers higher precision timing.
- It is able to interpolate and sounds a lot smoother.
New Multistep-Envelope / LFO waveforms:
- Linear to left : Interpoles smoothly to the step located to the left.
- Cubic to left : Interpolates with a cubic spline.
- Analog slow : Analog envelope smoothing with low cutoff.
- Analog medium : Analog envelope smoothing with medium cutoff.
- Analog fast : Analog envelope smoothing with high cutoff.
- Analog reverse : Inverted analog envelope.
- Saw down : The step ramp downwards.
- Saw up : The step ramps upwards.
- Triangle : The step ramps upwards and downwards.
- Triangle 25 % : Sloped triangle.
- Triangle 75 % : Sloped triangle.
- Pulse 0 % : The second part of the step is 0.
- Pulse 50 % : The first part of the step is 0.
- Decay 1 : Slow analog decay envelope.
- Decay 2 : Fast analog decay envelope.
- Attack 1 : Slow analog attack envelope.
- Attack 2 : Fast analog attack envelope.
- Sine / 2 : Sine with half frequency.
- Cosine / 2 : Cosing with half frequency.
- Sine + -: Bipolar sine.
- FM Sine : The FM modulated sine is useful for wobbles.
- FM Square : FM modulated square-wave.
- FM Saw down : The FM modulated saw is useful for wobbles.
- FM Saw up : The FM modulated saw is useful for wobbles.
- Noise : A step with noise.
- Diffusion : Noisy diffusion between steps.
Enhancements – interface:
- Completely rewritten GUI code.
- More beautiful graphics for the LCD displays.
- The animations of the filter, LFO, waveform and envelope-displays are drastically faster and smoother.
- More contrast for the knob-handles.
- Reworked many graphics.
- LFO waveform display is bigger.
- Keyboard in patch browser is hidden when editor or effects are hidden.
- Fine-tuned many coordinates in the interface.
- Fine-tuned some colors.
- More immediate control of filter cutoff and parameters.
- More tooltips with better descriptions.
- Layers are initialized with a smoothed gate shape.
- Patch browser can now also be opened by clicking on ‘BROWSER’ or the display on the upper left.
- A finger is shown when hovering over ‘BROWSER’ to indicate that the control is click – able.
- The interface gets a blue shading when drag & drop modulation is used.
- When a patch uses the STEP Lfo it is show automatically after loading.
- The user is warned if he / she selects a GUI size that is too large for the screen.
- Plus more…….
Electra3 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3 and AU).
For more information on Electra3, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.