4Pockets have released another substantial update for Copperhead. Copperhead is available for $11.99.
What’s new in version 1.06:
- Fixed an issue saving SM Boost on OSC2.
- Fixed several display issues with menus.
- Added an option to Settings that allows you to restrict CC control coming into the synth.
- When MIDI CC Control is set to ALL (default), all exposed parameters are available.
- When MIDI CC Control is set to BASIC, only modulation wheel and hold pedal are processed.
- Fixed an issue with changing sample rates mid session.
- The sequencers continuous pattern mode now works as expected when SYNC is disabled. Also the sequencer continues sending modulation when continuous pattern is enabled and no notes are registered.
- Fixed an issue with the randomize patch window.
- Added the Input Options window to Open Windows on the main menu.
- Added a new Chord Index Mode to the sequencer. This allows for fuller arps if only a 3 note chord is fingered and you have notes on #4, #5 etc. The normal mode is Wrap, which causes existing notes to be used as replacements (note_index % notes_pressed). The new Extend mode causes the same notes of higher octaves to be triggered instead.
- Added a few extra filter modes (Moog, Korg, Resonator and All Pass). The Moog and Korg filters are under test to see if they offer more than the standard filters. These are more CPU intensive than the standard filters.
- Added a second VCF, and the pair can work in series, parallel or one per oscillator. In the last mode VCO1 is routed through VCF1 and VCO2 is routed through VCF2. The sub oscillator is grouped with VCO1 and the noise output with VCO2 before passing through the filters. Also in this mode LFO1 controls VCO1 and LFO2 controls VCO2.
- Added a few extra experimental filter modes.
- Added a resonance filter. Try the strings/guitar strings patch and try messing with the resonance to reveal the source is noise.
- You can automate VCFB cutoff and resonance from the sequencer.
- You can now automate the 8 wave types from the sequencer allowing wave sequencing type effects.
- Updated the help.
- Finished off the Randomize Patch function, added the bit cruncher to the effects.
- Added a chevron to the Panic button to declair the shortcut to this function.
- Added snapshot/restore options to the Randomize Patch window.
- Added a boost knob to the String Machine oscillator window.
- Added an experimental new Randomize Patch window to help create patches without in depth knowledge of Copperhead (Open Window -> Randomize Patch). Alternatively long press ‘Panic’ to open the window.
- Added a ‘*’ next to any controller that is in use in the controller menu.
- Added a new randomize controller dialog, with range, smoothness and symetry options.
- Randomizing notes in the sequencer no longer clears the assigned controllers.
Copperhead is a digital subtractive synthesizer plugin which draws its influence from the vintage synthesizers of the early 80’s. It’s available for $11.99.
Copperhead has polyphony, a built-in arpeggiator, an a host of integrated effects. It features such as the ability to design custom waveforms, oscillator sync and various cross modulation modes. Cross modulation is a type of FM synthesis which can be used to morph simplistic waveforms into something far more aggressive and interesting.
At the heart of Copperhead are its two oscillators, which support all your traditional waveforms (SINE,SQR,SAW,TRI), as well as SuperSaw, Trapezium, and a user definable type. The app features pulse wave modulation for multiple sources, and the ability to sync oscillators.
The Voltage Controller Filter supports the usual LP, HP, BP and Notch filters, as well as a couple of unusual ones like Formant which allows you to sweep your cutoff to create interesting vowel sounds.
Copperhead also features twin LFO’s with random and one shot functionality. It also supports Cross, Ring and FM modulators, in addition to low and high shelf filters.
One of the great features is the integrated audio gate, which allows you to generate stuttering audio right out of the box. Combined with effects such as Chorus, Overdrive, Delay, Reverb and Auto Pan / Tremelo, and the ability to specify effect order, you have a lot of control over your sound.
If that wasn’t enough, we also include a 32 step sequencer, with various mono and poly modes with direct control control of various synth elements.
We have a built in Preset Manager which groups presets into banks and groups, which supports drag and drop for easy import/export of presets. You can also access your favourites from a special popup menu, or via the built in quick search facility.
- AUv3 compatible.
- Up to 16 note polyphony.
- 7 Oscillator wave types.
- Sub Oscillator.
- PW/PWM on SQR and TRP waveforms.
- Supports SuperSaw with MIX and DETUNE.
- XMod / Ring and FM modulations.
- Osc Sync.
- 6 types of VCF filter.
- Low and High shelf on output.
- Built in compressor.
- Chorus, Delay, Overdrive, Reverb and Auto Pan effects.
- Built in Audio Gate.
- Preset Manager with Bank/Group/Preset section.
- Supports drag and drop to import/export presets, groups and banks.
- Supports web transfer of presets.
- 32 step arpeggiator.
Watch the 1.04 overview HERE:
For more information on Copperhead, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.