Plugin Boutique are offering 51% off Axon 2 by Audio Damage for a limited time, now only £22.96 / $28.68, (usually £46.96 / $58.67). There are deals on other Audio Damage plugins too. The offers end May 31st.
Axon 2 is a drum synth driven by artificial intelligence. (Well, “intelligence” might be a strong word. Artificial something-or-other.) An experimental instrument, Axon uses a modified artificial neural network as a sequencer and features seven FM-based percussion voices, that are really a single 18-operator FM voice.
If that sounds weird, you ain’t seen nothing yet. It is surprisingly intuitive once you get the knack of it, and is capable of all-new, complex rhythms that repeat in surprising ways. It often gets referenced as a “random sequence generator,” but there is nothing random in Axon; it is entirely determinative.
The sequencer features seven “neurons” that trigger a voice and send a pulse when they have received a predetermined number of pulses. You can wire the output of any neuron to the input of any other (with built-in loop detection to prevent runaway feedback) and in this manner pre-program the artificial neural network without having to go through a “learning” phase.
The seven individual drum voices, each triggered by its attendant neuron, are 2-operator FM voices in a configuration to best make percussion sounds, with additional FM and AM busses that all voices send to and receive from. Each voice has an HPF, distortion circuit, and white noise generator to provide a full range of percussion-oriented voicing individually while interacting with each other in new and unique ways.
- Artificial Neural Network sequencer features seven neurons and is easily programmed to create strange new repeating rhythms.
- Seven FM percussion voices that also buss together to create a single monolithic complex percussion synthesizer.
- Full mixer with pan, level, mute, and solo on each voice.
- Built-in stereo delay with X/Y pad control over feedback and filter frequency, for live playability.
- MIDI in and out, for driving Axon from DAW and hardware sequencers, or driving your drum rack or other samples from Axon.
- Internal transport for non-synchronized playback.
- Resizable vector-based user interface.
- Drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.
- XML-based cross-platform, human-readable preset system, with copy/paste, for easy transferring of your own presets and third-party offerings.
Axon 2 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Axon 2, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.