Softube have released Model 80, a five voice synthesizer based on an 80’s iconic synth (the Prophet 5), available at the intro price €99.00, increasing to €159.00 after the promotion. The offer ends June 2nd. Softube Newsletter subscribers receive an additional 10% off.
It’s not overstating things to say that this five-voice synthesizer changed the future. The first synthesizer with a digital microprocessor to control the analog polyphonic synth engine and store sounds, it has graced hits from superstars such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Peter Gabriel, Radiohead, The Cars, and countless others.
With great reverence and proven modeling expertise, Softube captured every detail of this storied synth’s circuit, interactions, and factory presets. The result is a revelation: the authentic sound, feel, and performance of an industry-defining instrument perfected for modern production. Like a prophecy from 1980 fulfilled, so cometh Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer.
Softube’s reputation for creating tools that enhance workflow and offer superior sound quality is rock solid. Their partnerships with premium brands like Tube-Tech, Solid State Logic, Chandler Limited, Weiss Engineering, and Trident have spanned decades.
Softube built Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer on this legacy of passion, expert modeling, and attention to detail. Because to create synth plug-ins that innovate and elevate, you have to have heart, soul, and Rock & Roll Science.
Everything about the synth Softube modeled Model 80 after is iconic. Including the presets. To authentically recreate the experience of recalling them on the hardware, Model 80 offers the 40 original factory presets plus buttons on the programmer to call them up. The five voices and their relationship are exactingly replicated for authentic analog and organic sound. Softube paid obsessive attention to every detail of the circuit and interactions in their modeling to give you the real sound, feel, and experience of the original.
Model 80 for Modular offers five modules: VCO, VCF, LFO, ENV, and MULTIPAN. Combine individual components in a modular workflow to build patches and get the authentic sounds that changed an industry. Or create inconceivable combinations that no other hardware or software can deliver.
- The industry-defining five-voice polyphonic synth from 1980
- Precisely modeled sound, interactions, and performance of the original unit
- The easy recall of original factory presets heard on countless classic recordings
- An accurately modeled and newly versatile Voice Mod section
- Workflow enhancements such as poly-portamento glide, Voice Pan Spread, velocity and aftertouch modulation, quantize filter cutoff, DAW sync, an Aging knob, and the Invert Voice Mod button
- Two versions included: the instrument and five modules for Modular
- Five modules for use in Softube Modular
- Aging knob to add additional “wear” to the instrument
- Added Voice Pan Spread to take the sound from a mono to a stereo spread of the five voices
- Invert Voice Mod button for additional modulation possibilities
- Quantize semitone filter cutoff frequency captures the original performance of the hardware, but can also be turned off for smooth performance
- Selectable DAW (Tempo) sync or free running LFO to clock the global modulation section
- Added velocity and aftertouch controls for modern performance expression
Model 80 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX) and requires an iLok account.
For more information on the Model 80 and to compae prices, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.