Soundiron have reduced the price of Aztec Death Whistle by 50% for a limited time, now only $9.00, (usually $19.00). The offer ends May 12th.
Aztec Death Whistle is a deeply sampled folk wind instrument that captures the dark soul of the ancient Aztec death whistle, a ceremonial clay resonator used during human sacrifice rituals and warfare at the height of the Aztec (historically also known as the Mexica) empire in Central America, during the 14 and 15th centuries AD in what has now become modern day Mexico.
This whistle — technically grouped into the same family of whistles as bird and animal call whistles — is made of kiln-fired clay. It has two chambers which create air cavities that are resonated by blowing into the top of the skull. It produces a harsh, raspy atonal vocal sound very much like a dying breath, but with a shrill demonic essence that is certain to evoke dread on an almost instinctive level. It is the sound of death incarnate.
We recorded this instrument exhaustively, in a dry studio, as well as from close and far postilions in a large open hall for a rich, lush ambience. With deep velocity layering and natural round-robin variation, plus tons of unique sound-designed and atmospheric content, the Aztec Death Whistle library puts the soul and essence of this dark and unique instrument into the palm of your hand.
This is a standard open-format Kontakt library that includes a variety of playable articulations. We recorded sustains, flutter-tongues, staccatos, hand percussion in our dry studio with deep dynamic layering and 12x round-robin. You’ll also find single-shot dramatic stinger effects, such as swells, crescendos and diminuendos. We then recorded the instrument in a large cathedral from both close and far stereo mic positions to bring out a darker, more mysterious and ambient quality. We also created a wide variety of dark, ethereal and sinister sound designed ambiences, synth patches and FX presets created with the raw acoustic source to give you plenty of nightmare fuel to get your horror on. They make an ideal accompaniment to the main natural articulations in this library.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like attack, release, transient offset, dynamic swelling, octave, vibrato and a robust Arpeggiator system that provides a full range of custom dynamic arpeggiation modes and step sequencer pattern creation options. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of special FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations. All of the samples are also uncompressed PSC stereo wavs, so you can manipulate them directly and import them into any wav-compatible audio software you wish.
- Fully multi-sampled Aztec clay resonator whistle.
- 14 Instrument Presets with dozens of selectable articulations and performance controls.
- Beautifully rendered 3D user interface
- Special Midi-CC and Velocity-crossfaded presets
- Custom sound-designed FX and ambient presets in a variety of categories and styles.
- Sustains and staccatos with and without flutter-tongue rolls.
- 3 Mic positions for main articulations: Dry Studio, Hall Close and Hall Far.
- Dynamic hand percussion articulations, played on the clay whistle
- Short and long single-shot effects and stingers
- Round robin for every staccato and hand percussion articulation.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer.
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
The Aztec Death Whistle requires a full version of Kontakt 5.5 or later.
For more information on the Aztec Death Whistle, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.