Apple have at long last released Logic Pro for iPad users. It’s available as a FREE download with a couple of in-app purchases for their subscription service options.
Logic Pro for iPad is a professional music creation app that puts the power of Logic at your fingertips. Logic Pro features a complete collection of sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing — all with an interface that’s been designed from the ground up for iPad.
Use Multi-Touch in Logic Pro to play powerful software instruments with the tap of a finger and interact naturally with intuitive controls. Creative production tools — including the new Sample Alchemy and Beat Breaker plugins — make it easy to quickly make beats and explore new sonic territories, and a full featured mixer gives you everything you need to create a professional-sounding mix entirely on iPad.
Creative interface optimized for iPad.
- Play powerful software instruments and interact expressively using Multi-Touch
- Navigate large complex projects with pinch-to-zoom and swipe-to-scroll
- Quickly shape and tweak your sound using Plug-in Tiles
- Fine-tune MIDI and audio using intuitive Multi-Touch editors
- Discover powerful features and strengthen your skills with integrated guided Lessons
- Roundtrip capabilities let you open projects in Logic Pro for Mac or Logic Pro for iPad*
- Connect any Bluetooth keyboard to access powerful key commands
- Create precision edits and detailed track automation with Apple Pencil
- Quickly access all Logic Pro sounds from a single location
- Easily discover inspiring sounds with a predictive filtering system
- Audition any sound in the Browser before adding it to your project
- Use the Sound Library to access an expanding collection of free sound packs containing royalty‑free loops, samples, and instruments
Professional Instrument and Effects Plugins
- Create music with a massive collection of powerful software instruments including sophisticated synthesizers, realistic acoustic instruments, and modeled vintage keyboards
- Shape your sound using high quality effects like vintage EQs and compressors, high-end reverbs, and creative multi-effects
- Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
- Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Unit
Beat Making and Production Tools
- Radically reshape and reshuffle audio with Beat Breaker, a new sophisticated time and pitch morphing instrument
- Use Sample Alchemy, a sample manipulation instrument that uses Multi-Touch, to transform audio into entirely new malleable sounds
- Chop or loop any sample into a playable instrument using Quick Sampler
- Build and play custom drum kits using samples and plugins with Drum Machine Designer
- Create drum beats, bass lines, and melodic parts, and reshape sounds over time using Step Sequencer
- Use Live Loops to capture inspiration and quickly build arrangements by mixing and matching loops, samples, and your recordings
- Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
- Record external instruments or microphones by connecting an audio interface or MIDI device
Full Featured Pro Mixer
- Shape a mix using channel strips with volume faders, pan controls, plug-ins, sends, and precision automation
- Mix naturally with Multi-Touch by moving multiple faders at once
- Use the meter bridge to navigate an overview of all track levels — even with hundreds of tracks
- Create Track Stacks to organize and simplify mixing large projects
Massive Library of Sounds
- Build kits and sampler instruments with over 6,300 samples of drums, vocals, sound effects, and more
- Over 4,800 instrument and effects patches
- More than 9,000 loops in a wide range of styles
Requires Logic Pro 10.7.8 or higher and macOS Monterey 12.3 or higher. Logic Pro for iPad supports any class-compliant audio interface or MIDI device.
For more information on Logic Pro, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.