4Pockets are offering 50% off the price of AudioScope for a limited time, now only $7.99, (usually $14.99). The offer ends August 14th.
AudioScope is not a visual representation app in the traditional sense such as an oscilloscope, it’s more, much much more. Read on and see how useful it can be be for recording and live mixing.
AudioScope is an invaluable audio plugin for mixing and mastering with a toolbox of additional mixing aids. It was originally created as a method for comparing your mix to a reference track and seeing exactly what frequencies to tweak in order to obtain a desired match. This alone is incredibly useful for creating the feel of a particular genre of music, by tweaking your mix to match.
AudioScope is so much more than this! It includes a great visual mixer which enables you control your entire mix from a single window inside your DAW. You see a top-down visualisation of your entire mix and stereo balance. You can save up to 3 compare mixes and quickly switch between them. You can also save up to 12 snapshots of stereo positions and levels, then morph between them. All of this functionality is available via MIDI, so with one simple CC command, you can switch out one mix for another or engage a snapshot. You are able to group your drums and other elements so that the mix doesn’t become overwhelming, allowing you to focus on a subset of key elements if you wish. AudioScope also includes a suite of tools to adjust EQ, compression, and overall balance of your mix.
The way AudioScope works is unique, with a quick and easy workflow: Insert an instance of AudioScope on each of your track’s Insert Effect slot and name the track. Now simply open one of the instances and you have the ability to control all tracks from a single window.
AudioScope is equipped with its own shelf and peak filters, EQ and lookahead compressor (with Sidechain).
You can find demonstrations and tutorials for this and all my apps on the ‘Paul the MusicMan’ YouTube channel.
- Take control of your host DAW using a single simple interface
- Compare your master mixes frequency response to a reference track for a given genre
- Compare tracks to see which frequency ranges are problematic graphically
- Control your DAW’s entire mix from a single 2D live mixer
- Change the EQ of each track quickly and easily from a single window
- Includes the ability to add low and high shelf filters to each track
- Add up to 3 parametric EQ’s to each track to cut or boost frequency ranges
- Enable the internal look ahead sidechain compressor
- Capture up to 3 compare mixes and preview in real time
- Create up to 12 snapshots and fade from one to another
- Invert the phase of tracks to avoid phasing issues
- Remove DC option to remove unwanted noise and rumble below 60Hz
- Instant Pass Thru to bypass all instances of AudioScope
- Mix lock to prevent accidental changes to your mix
- Monitor up to 32 tracks at once
For more information on AudioScope, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.