Wave Alchemy have released Dawn, a digital EMT 250 from the 70’s, available at the intro price of £37.00, increasing to £49.00 after the promotion. Until 8th September, get Dawn completely free when purchasing Wave Alchemy’s plate reverb plugin,
The heavenly sound of the world’s first digital Reverb, painstakingly modelled and enhanced for modern music production.
Instantly add three-dimensional space to your music and go between punchy tight drums, ethereal vocals, realistic acoustic spaces, lush halls and blissful synths.
Released in 1976 with an impressive $20,000 price tag, the EMT 250 changed the face of music production forever – the digital age of reverb had arrived.
Sometimes nicknamed ‘R2D2’ due to its futuristic 70’s sci fi design, the 250 was a heavy floor-standing beast with an impressive feature set, controlled via 4 oversized levers.
In contrast to the mechanical Plate reverbs it succeeded, the 250 had a beautifully clear and open sound, with a wonderful three-dimensional depth and low noise floor.
Still to this day regarded by many as the best digital reverb ever created, with only 250 units ever made, Dawn faithfully captures the lush sound of this classic unit and takes things much further with modern sound shaping controls.
Dawn uses a well thought out hybrid approach of DSP and Convolution to achieve its accurate sound and character.
Wave Alchemy spent months modelling and analysing every detail of the 250 until it was indistinguishable from their original vintage unit. Beyond this, Wave Alchemy added a switchable ‘Modern’ mode which enhances the original sound further for even clearer reverb tails and increased dynamic range.
- Recreate the heavenly sound of the iconic EMT 250 reverb
- Enhanced Modern mode for an extended frequency range and vibrant tone
- Introduce movement and modulation using Flux and Ensemble
- Take things further with advanced DSP for gating, ducking and transient smoothing
- Add depth and space with dual-band stereo width controls
- Enhanced mono mode with phase coherent and summing options
- Go from crystal clean to gritty with Dawn’s reverb Character modes
- 4 band Output EQ with mid / side functionality
- Internal preset browser with searching, tags and favourites
- 150 beautifully designed, production-ready presets
- Random preset shuffling for instant inspiration
- Mix Lock and pre-delay tempo sync controls
- Resizable high-definition UI
- Undo and Redo parameter changes
Dawn is available to PC and Mac users (VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Dawn, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.