Puremagnetik have released Hewn – Disturbance Reactor, an experimental audio processing tool available via their subscription service, which adds a new device every month.
- Monthly – $9.00
- Yearly – $89.00
Hewn is an experimental sound processing tool for uncovering new artifacts and circuit-bending sounds. It is an audio processor that modulates an input signal as if it were being dialed into an FM transmitter.
Hewn has an FM modulator and a distortion circuit that will warp, bend and hack anything you throw at it. It works great on drums, guitars and synths and will instantly deteriorate and splay the input signal into new creative directions.
- TUNE — Adjusts the base frequency of the modulator
- DRIVE — Changes the amplitude of the modulator
- WARBLE — Modulates the TUNE control
- RANGE — Selects the factor (index) of modulation
- SLAMS — Applies a waveshaping distortion
- SCOOP — Adjusts the frequency of a band-pass filter (with a bypass button)
- JUMBLE — Randomly reset all controls
See Hewn in action HERE.
Hewn is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3 and AU).
For more information on Hewn, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.