Woodman’s Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio have released WoodValvet, a tube saturator, available for $13.99.
WoodValvet isn’t the run-of-the-mill saturator, it has a couple of extras to take it above and beyond conventional saturation.
- 3 tube stages each with their own “Drive” control.
- Each stage can be set to a different tube type (ECC82, …).
- Stage 2 & 3 can be set in series or in parallel to create different harmonics.
- Stage 1 & 2 are class A circuits, stage 3 is a class AB circuit.
- An input band filter allows to add harmonics on the selected band only.
- A post tube out lowpass filter allows to reduce the higher harmonics.
- A “Constant Level” setting matches the output level with the input level.
- An LFO to modulate the drive and filter settings.
- Side chain input can modulate the drive settings (increase or duck mode).
- Has an “Auto Gain Input” mode to automatically bring quiet signals into range.
- Stereo spread control.
- A brick-wall limiter on output
- A DC blocking output filter
- An output phase switch.
- A visual representation of the generated harmonics.
Watch the overview HERE.
WoodValvet is available to iPhone and iPad users as an AUv3. The standalone WoodValvet app downloaded from the Mac App Store can be used as such but mainly acts as the license for all WoodValvet plugins (VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on WoodValvet, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.