Plugin Boutique are offering 40% off Phosphor 3 by Audio Damage for a limited time, now only £27.00 / $33.66, (usually £46.96 / $58.54). There are deals on other Audio Damage plugins too. The offers end September 30th.
Phosphor is a unique instrument plugin modelled on the alphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth from the early 80s. The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple IIe to operate, but Audio Damage have gone ahead and eliminated the middle-man so you can have this classic digital synth in your DAW of choice.
Version 3 once more modernizes the original’s tried and tested feature set. Besides plenty under-the-hood improvements, it comes with a new coat of paint, expanded modulation options, MPE support, TUN-file support for non-equal-tempered tunings, and our brand new preset browser.
Phosphor’s topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features. It sports two identical voices, each with its own additive synthesis wavetable oscillator, noise source, amp envelope and delay line. Pick between low-resolution mode mirroring the original’s sonics and the more pristine high-resolution setting for that top-end goodness. Keep it tame with 16 partials or cross-modulate Phosphor’s oscillators and wade into the waters of the Synclavier’s FM capabilities!
Phosphor accurately models the original’s sounds while providing plenty new paths for sonic exploration.
Phosphor 3 features two LFOs with multiple waveforms, including a random source, which can be operated on a global or per-note basis. Their skew controls greatly expand the scope of available shapes, rendering them a powerful and flexible mod source. Phosphor 3’s new modal modulation routing panel makes sound design a breeze: Assigning MIDI/MPE parameters, randomised modulation offsets or the LFOs and dialling in modulation amounts is ever only one click away.
With its full MPE capabilities, Phosphor 3 teleports the classic that inspired it to the cutting edge of musical expression. Leverage modern controllers to breath life into yesteryear’s patches and play them like never before! Are you the quirky type? Make Phosphor lose its temper and explore the world of non-standard tunings with its newly implemented TUN-file support! It’s really got something for everyone.
Phosphor 3 is the first Audio Damage plugin first plugin to feature our brand-new preset manager. Organize your patches in folders and export them as zip-archives, ready for your preset-pack release. Import that fancy new set of patches you bought online directly from the plugin’s GUI. Copy presets to your clipboard and quickly share them anywhere, or import a patch from your clipboard into Phosphor. Never has moving presets around been this easy. And the best of all: All this is entirely platform independent so you can use your patches anywhere.
- Two Voices: Each voice has a wavetable oscillator with transposition and fine-tuning controls, a noise generator, level ADSR, delay line with filter, and level and pan controls.
- Additive Wavetable Oscillators: Each oscillator has 16, 32 or 64 partials with individual level sliders, preset buttons for common waveforms, and partial level randomisation.
- Noise Sources: White noise in regular operation or shift-register noise in vintage mode.
- ADSR x 2: One level envelope for each voice with control over the duration and curvature of the Attack, Decay, and Release segments.
- Vintage Modes: Introduces digital artefacts and distortion. Can be engaged individually for each oscillator and noise source.
- LFO x 2: Optionally host tempo-synced Low-Frequency-Oscillators with Sine, Triangle, Rectangle and Random shapes. Skew sliders affect waveforms differently in different modes. Can be used on per-note basis or globally.
- Modulation Panel: Quick modulation assignment via modal panel
- Dual Delays: One optionally host-tempo synced delay effect for each voice with feedback filter. Each voice’s delay can crossfeed into the other.
- TUN File Support: Load TUN-files for non-traditional/microtonal tunings.
- Cross Modulation: The voices’ oscillators can modulate each other’s frequencies, akin to the NED Synclavier. Voices can be muted and used only exclusively as modulators, too.
- Voice Modes: Poly mode, as well as mono mode without retrigger and retrigger mode. Variable portamento in mono and retrigger mode.
- T-Rand modulation: Modulation source generating a bipolar random value every time a note is played.
- Software Keyboard: Particularly useful on touch interfaces. Note velocity is determined by Y position.
- MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression): Full MPE support with variable parameter smoothing for aftertouch.
- Factory Presets: Phosphor 3 comes with a collection of factory content, including Designer Presets from Red Means Recording and Ken Flux Pierce.
- All-New Preset browser: Quick and easy preset import, export and organisation. Supports import and export of zip archives, preset copy and paste, and arrangement of user presets in folders.
- Cross-Platform Preset Format: Fully cross-platform XML-based preset-format. Work between multiple systems without troubles, make a preset on your desktop machine and paste it to the iOS version with Handoff, easily share your creations with your friends, or make a preset bundle to sell.
- Fully Resizable Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI: Phosphor 3’s vector-based GUI is resolution-agnostic, and displays the same on every system and resolution. Easily resize the UI (per instance) to match your visual needs, from postage stamp to poster-sized.
Phosphor 3 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX).
For more information on Phosphor 3 and the other Audio Damage deals, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.