Fernando Morales has updated Piano Motifs with some cool new features and a couple fixes, currently available for $3.99 with optional in-app purchases that unlock MIDI out, AUv3 support and a tip jar.
What’s new in version 4.37:
- New Serendipity w/Bass Accomp Style
- New Append Mode – When this mode is On, motifs will be appended to form an Arrangement as you generate new ones. When you press Next after you have generated a new motif, you will have the ability to append or not the newly generated motif. At any time, you can go to the Arrangement Screen to make any edits you want to the Arrangement.
- Improved melody algorithm for userDefined, pentatonic and tonic Melody Constraints.
- Improved arpeggio generating algorithm for when time signature is 3/4 or 6/8.
- Added new melody types for randomly generated motifs to improve variety in melody generation.
- Added new accompaniments to the Chord & Bass Acoomp Style.
- Fixed issue with accomp octave shift stepper incrementing +2 in some cases.
- Fixed issue where Settings red light indicator was not On when random scales are been constrained.
- Fixed 3rd Track generation when Multibar Sustain and Even Slow Arpeggio Accomp Style are used.
- Fixed issue in AUv3 plug-in where when the app is in Sync Mode, if you went from the Arrangement Screen to the Main Screen the Arrangement would start playing immediately in some cases.
Piano Motifs is an app that generates short, original, beautiful melodies. With Piano Motifs you can:
- Create original, catchy and inspiring MIDI loops at the touch of a button.
- No musical knowledge or skill is necessary to create completely new and original music. Piano Motifs is the simplest way to generate your own music.
- There are no preset melodies. Melodies are generated algorithmically. The melodic possibilities are endless.
- Set the music tempo or select the key, scale, time signature, octave range, number of bars, melody constraints, melody note frequency and accompaniment style for your motif.
- Option to generate Swing rhythm for the melody, either Shuffle or Hard Swing.
- Program your own chord progressions and let Piano Motifs generate an accompaniment and melody for them.
- Generation of a 3rd track with the option of it being a sustained chord per bar, sustained chord per multiple bars or a drone tone. Ideal for strings, choirs or pads.
- Arrange your motifs to create longer musical pieces. Create your own song structures using different motifs for different song sections. Shift octaves or semitones on the different sections of an arrangement.
- Choose from 20 different kinds of accompaniment styles.
- Define your arpeggio accompaniments.
- Choose from 9 different kinds of melody constraints.
- Major, Minor, Lydian, Mixolydian, Dorian, Phrygian, Harmonic Minor and Phrygian Dominant scales supported.
- Program the maximum melody note length.
- Replay music at different tempos.
- Name and save your favorite motifs.
- Save your motifs as MIDI files so you can edit them or add more instrumentation to them on your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- When exporting a MIDI file, export with a third MIDI track with a sustained chord per bar, sustained chord per multiple bars or a drone tone. Ideal for synth pads, strings or chorus.
- Incorporate the MIDI file in your iOS production workflow.
- Share audio or MIDI through iMessages, e-mail, Whatsapp or AirDrop. Save audio or MIDI to your device’s file system.
For more information on Piano Motifs, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.