VirSyn have released a huge update for AudioLayer which includes a couple of XinematiX integration features. AudioLayer is currently available for $19.99, (usually $29.99).
What’s new in version 1.8.0:
- Access to XinematiX 62 sound libraries
- Create Instruments for XinematiX
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression / Poly Aftertouch
- Layer Solo/Mute function
- Layer Morphing with MIDI Controller
- Layer humanization parameter
- Layer new “Release Trigger” type, Release and Key Release (key up)
- LFO waveforms: triangle and random waveform added
- Level envelope times modulatable by velocity
- Sample Wave Editor: Audition Sample
- General pitch setting for tunings other than 440Hz
- Pan based on zone/layer/instrument
- Improved reverb
- Chorus size parameter
- Reverb modulation parameter
- Instrument previous/next buttons
- Fixed MIDI hanging notes
- 6dB Lowpass added
- Import zip files ( instruments/samples shared ) via Import button in instrument selector
- Auto Sampler: improved display
- Real 0.0 attack time for punchy envelopes
- Tascam BWF audio import problem fixed
- Read KORG audio files
- MIDI Device Selection
- Module editor: copy&paste layer settings
- One-shot sample stops playing if there is a silent part in the sample
- Pitchbend range now work as expected
- Logic Pro freeze track and export problems fixed
- Fixed normalization issues with recording of audio
- Crash in AUv3 on fixed if loaded without any libraries/sample instruments
- Other fixes and stability improvements
AudioLayer satisfies the most sought after gap for contemporary music production on iOS devices. AudioLayer is a full featured open standard audio multi-sampler pushing the boundaries beyond what has been available even in the desktop music production worlds. And all this integrated in all relevant iOS production environments especially the emerging AUv3 AudioUnit standard.
The ultra efficient Streaming Sample Engine SSE is capable of playing hundreds of voices of big multi-sampled instruments even in strictly resource limited applications like using multiple instances of AudioLayer in AudioUnit host environments. Innovative features like Sub Sample Looping for perfect loops even in the audible range extend the range of applications even further.
The consequent usage of the open file structure of the Files app makes organising even large sample libraries a breeze. Sample recordings and Instrument designs made with AudioLayer are seamlessly available across all your devices and desktop using either iCloud storage or external SSD. The iCloud option opens up new forms of collaborations with musicians all around the world to share your creations and work together.
To support the creation of complex multi-sampled instruments AudioLayer allows you to use a hierarchical structure of Layers and Zones each with it’s own sound manipulation parameters. A unique element of AudioLayer is the possibility to decide for each Zone at which Scope level your editing apply: For the all Zones in the Instrument, for the Layer only or individually for this Zone only. This opens a whole new world of creative options for sound mangling. For sound manipulation you can use a full set of Filters, Envelopes and LFOs to shape the pitch, timbre and level of the sound of each Zone.
The unique architecture of the Streaming Sample Engine allows for instant loading of even complex instruments and makes this switching from one Instrument to the next without cutting off the sound! And this includes of course also different effect setting
The built in audio sample recorder let you create Instruments on the fly in seconds. The Music Effect AudioUnit / Audiobus effect plugin of AudioLayer let you record multi-samples semi automatically directly inside your preferred host and instantly create an Instrument with the help of several Auto mapping options available. This includes file name based mapping of key ranges and velocities and automatic pitch detection. For the creatives we’ve also integrated a special “Single Cycle Waveform” detector making the use of this special files a breeze.
– Auto Sampler feature for easy creation of Sample Instruments from hardware synthesiser.
– Versilian Studio Sample Library ( VCSL/VSCO ) for free download
- Stand-alone app
- Sample import for EXS24 and SFZ format
- AUv3 AudioUnit instrument and music effect
- Inter-app audio
- Audiobus 3 input/effect with state saving support.
- Audio recorder with share function.
- Ableton Link compatible.
For more information on AudioLayer, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.