Nikolozi Meladze has updated Mela 4 – AUv3: Synth, FX, MIDI with 2 new modules and more. Mela 4 is available for $29.99.
What’s new in version 4.5:
- EQ Band Module – The new EQ Band module offers a selection of 2nd order filter types: Bell, Low Shelf, Low Cut, High Shelf, High Cut, Notch and Band Pass. It comes with standard parameters: Frequency, Gain and Q.
- Comb Filter Module – The module has the new Mode parameter which allows you to set the signal delay amount of the delay line in terms of frequency, time or the input Pitch signal. Depending on the type of effect you are trying to create one mode might be preferable over others.
- When set to Time mode the Frequency parameter is replaced by the Time L and Time R parameters. These parameters set the time interval by which the left and right channels of the audio signal are delayed. And unlike the Frequency parameter, their value range is linear. Making them suitable for audio effects like Chorus, Doubler and Flanger.
- When set to Pitch mode, the delay amount is controlled by the incoming Pitch signal. This mode is ideal when using the comb filter as an oscillator. Simply send short noise pulses on note-on events into the module.
- Other changes:
- Added the Hold parameter to the Envelope Follower module.
- Made internal improvements to the Envelope Follower module.
- Added the Min and Max parameters to the Velocity module. The module will clamp the velocity of the note-on events to the range defined by these parameters.
- The modulator intensity dials now show modulation rings when they are being modulated.
- Added new presets.
Mela is a modular music-making tool that scales with your needs. With its intuitive interface, you can seamlessly build fully custom monophonic synthesisers, unique audio effects, and complex MIDI processors. Mela can run as a standalone app on iOS and macOS or as an AUv3 plugin inside your favourite DAW such as AUM, Drambo, Logic Pro and many more.
A Mela preset is made up of ordered modules arranged on lanes that process audio and MIDI signals. Each lane can receive and send signals to and from the host or other lanes using buses. The modulator modules can modulate any parameter of any module on any lane. The lanes and modules can be easily added, removed or rearranged making the preset as complex or as simple as desired. Mela comes with 38 modules, with new ones added with every update. The following are some examples from different categories.
- MIDI processors: arpeggiator, chord, note echo, scale, strummer
- Synth building blocks: virtual-analog oscillator, FM operator, noise, filter, amp envelope, distortion
- Modulators: envelope follower, envelope generator, LFO, macro control, MIDI source, random
- Audio effects: chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, compressor
- Utility: level metering, MIDI logger, audio oscilloscope
Inside a host, Mela can be loaded as one of the following plug-in types: Instrument, Audio Effect or MIDI Processor. The only difference between them is the number of audio and MIDI inputs and outputs. Otherwise, the features are identical and a preset created in one type can be opened by another.
Mela’s capabilities continuously improve, evolve and expand based on its long-term vision and user feedback. Feel free to get in touch for anything Mela related.
For more information on Mela 4, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.