Avid have announced Pro Tools Sketch for iPad users, a great way to capture ideas on the go, available as a FREE download.
Pro Tools Sketch is a non-linear, clip-based creation tool that lets you capture and play with your musical ideas anywhere that inspiration strikes. Trigger samples and loops, record audio, and capture MIDI performances to quickly work up sketches. Drag-and-drop clips and experiment with arrangements to create something you love.
Use the editing tools to shape and tweak your audio and MIDI and then dial in the perfect sound with the onboard mixer and real-time effects. Export your arrangement to share and play or open in the Pro Tools Mac/Windows app for further editing and mixing. And because Pro Tools is the common language across the audio industry, you can take your Sketch to any studio around the world and collaborate with artists everywhere.
Every session starts with an idea
- Experiment with samples and loops, record audio, and capture MIDI in a clip-based, non-linear environment, with 16 tracks and virtually unlimited scenes
- Play, stop, and rearrange clips and ideas on the fly
- Explore massive library of included and MIDI loops that automatically syncs to your time and tempo, making it easy to try ideas and build up beats
- Bring your own audio and MIDI loops into the mix for even more creative flexibility
Record audio and MIDI
- Record audio clips using your iPad’s built-in microphone, or attach an external mic
- Edit and manipulate your audio with trim, fade, stretch, reverse, and pitch-shifting effects
- Play and record MIDI using onboard PlayCell and SynthCell software instruments
- Use the software keyboard and drum pads or an external hardware MIDI controller to capture performances, or enter and edit MIDI notes on the grid
Enhance with effects
- Choose from a range of nine effects to enhance your clips, including chorus, compressor, crunch crusher, delay, EQ, LoFi, multimode filter, reverb, and saturation
- Add effects directly to your tracks or use the global reverb and delay controls
- Use the basic XY controls to quickly tweak effects or get access to all parameters for finer adjustments
- Create complete songs by organizing scenes into an arrangement
- Drag scenes into the Scene Arranger in the order you want them to play, and set the number of times to repeat each scene before advancing to the next one
- Experiment with the order, length, and combination of your scenes until happy with your arrangement
Export, share amdnfinishnin Pro Tools
- Export arrangement as a .WAV mixdown that you can share and play anywhere
- Move your Sketch to the free Pro Tools Intro Mac/Windows app to use Pro Tools’ world-class editing and mixing tools to finish your creation
For more information and to download Pro Tools Sketch, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.