Calling all iOS17 users……… Ed Filowat has announced the availability of the Backpack Studio public beta to test on iOS17. Please provide Ed with your feedback, reports, thoughts and suggestions – your feedback counts!!
About Backpack Studio
Create professional sounding podcasts and radio from anywhere using only an iPhone or iPad.
With backpack studio, Your show is automatically mixed and mastered while it’s being recorded. Focus your time and energy on being creative, instead of doing post-production work and editing on a PC.
Backpack is the successor to bossjock studio, from the original developer, and based upon years of refinement and user feedback. A must-have app for podcasters and radio DJs – both beginner and pro.
- Record your voice while triggering sounds live – intros, background music, and sound effects. Sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Recording your show becomes a creative live performance!
- A powerful soundboard with unlimited pages of soundpads. Scroll pads to the left and a new empty page appears – ready to go! Reposition sounds, or pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard from anywhere – iCloud, dropbox, google drive, your music library, email, even import directly from other apps.
- An optional subscription package, “Backpack Live” with extra cloud services for recording remote guests, live streaming, soundboard storage, and more!
- Turn your podcast into a creative video using animations, text, and photos. Great for promoting your show on social media!
- Find the perfect eq filter for your voice. Noise gate to lower background noise. Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to your mix live for a loud, studio-quality mastered sound.
- Create custom Siri Voice, external keyboard, and midi shortcuts to record and trigger soundpads.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a, aiff, and video.
- Publish recordings directly to iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, an FTP, Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional).
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Unrivaled hardware support. Backpack works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. 4 channel usb mixer support for Focusrite mixers. Mix the left and right channels together or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC) via the settings panel. We’re always adding support for the latest iOS hardware.
To download the beta, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.