Cockos has updated Reaper to version 7 and has added some cool features. Reaper 7 is still available as a FREE download with two purchase options. A new license includes free upgrades through REAPER version 8.99. There is only one version of REAPER. The license price depends on how you use it.
- $60.00 – discounted license.
- $225.00 – commercial license.
What’s new in version 7:
- Track Lanes:Use lanes to manage takes, layer sounds, assemble alternate track versions, or store playlists. Track lanes can be used as a creative tool, an organizational aid, or both at the same time.
- Swipe Comping:Select the best parts of multiple takes to create one ideal composite take, or multiple alternative composites. A highly flexible new system that supports one-click A/B comparison, customizable crossfades, recording and editing media while comping, and even building comps from other comps.
- FX Containers and Parallel Routing:Build, store, and recall self-contained FX chains, including complex routing and configurable parameter mapping. Route multiple plug-ins (including FX containers) in parallel.
- More Track Channels and MIDI I/O:Tracks support up to 128 channels each; MIDI routing supports up to 128 buses; hardware support for up to 128 MIDI input and 128 MIDI output devices. As always, there are no limits on track counts, sends/receives, FX, ReaScripts, etc.
- Keyboard/Mouse Overrides:Switch between multiple sets of fully customizable keyboard shortcuts and/or mouse modifier behaviors. Instantly change keyboard and mouse setups for different workflow contexts for simplicity and efficiency.
- Usability Improvements:Customizable track spacers; arrange view zoom/scroll improvements; MIDI editor CC lane vertical zoom/scroll and pitchwheel snap; MIDI editor coloring improvements; customizable animated toolbar buttons; configuration import/export improvements.
- And That’s Not All:Plugin gain reduction metering; ARA edit pooling; video support in background projects; video colorspace improvements; import/export support for raw PCM (.sd2) file formats; up to 48 customizable floating toolbars; JSFX compile-time macros and configurable parameters; and hundreds of other refinements and improvements.
REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for computers, offering a full multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering toolset.
REAPER supports a vast range of hardware, digital formats and plugins and can be comprehensively extended, scripted and modified.
REAPERS full, flexible feature set and renowned stability have found a home wherever digital audio is used: commercial and home studios, broadcast, location recording, education, science and research, sound design, game development, and more.
From mission-critical professional environments to students’ laptops, there is a single version of REAPER, fully featured with no artificial limitations. You can evaluate REAPER in full for 60 days. A REAPER license is affordably priced and DRM-free.
- Efficient, fast to load, and tightly coded. Can be installed and run from a portable or network drive.
- Powerful audio and MIDI routing with multichannel support throughout.
- 64-bit internal audio processing. Import, record to, and render to many media formats, at almost any bit depth and sample rate.
- Thorough MIDI hardware and software support.
- Support for thousands of third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments, including VST, VST3, LV2, AU, CLAP, DX, and JS.
- Hundreds of studio-quality effects for processing audio and MIDI, and built-in tools for creating new effects.
- Automation, modulation, grouping, VCA, surround, macros, OSC, scripting, control surfaces, custom skins and layouts.
- A whole lot more.
For more information on Reaper 7, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.