Inear Display have released Bref, a powerful FM percussion synthesizer, available as a FREE download.
Bref, a compact synthesizer plugin, specializes in creating synthetic percussion sounds.
Utilizing a modified version of Ephemere’s synthesis engine, Bref effortlessly produces a vast array of short, crisp metallic sounds.
The workflow of Bref is streamlined and intuitive:
- The plugin randomly generates a pair of sounds on startup.
- Trigger it with a MIDI note (the sound has a fixed pitch, making it easy to use the plugin inside drum racks for example).
- You can blend the sounds together using the MORPH knob (automating this knob can yield dynamic and interesting results).
- You can regenerate each sound individually by clicking on the A and B buttons.
- You can also regenerate the whole state of the plugin by clicking the dice button at the bottom.
- There is no preset system, but the state of the plugin is saved when you save a project in your host.
- The user interface can be resized by dragging the handle in the bottom right corner.
- 2 Percussion Synthesis Engines based on Ephemere
- Crossfade Between the 2 Engines
- Generate New Sounds by Randomization of Each Engine
- Randomize Both Engines and the Morph Control at Once
- Output Amplitude Control
- Responds to MIDI velocity
- 4 Voices of Polyphony
- Resizable User Interface
Bref is available to PC and Mac users (VST3 and AU).
For more information and to download Bref, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.