Solid State Logic have released X-Limit, available at the intro price of £54.99 / $69.99, increasing to £76.00 / $99.00 after the promotion. You can also gain access to all the SSL plugins with the subscription service.
X-Limit is a quick and easy way to increase the loudness of tracks, buses and masters without clipping, and is another essential tool in your SSL studio
X-Limit is an essential tool for a range of applications, including recording, mixing, mastering and live sound, given its extremely low latency performance. Producers, engineers and other content creators will appreciate its ease of use in the studio as an effective means of increasing the loudness of tracks, buses and masters — without clipping.
As with other SSL plug-ins, X-Limit excels at delivering concise visual feedback as well as providing a wide-ranging feature set and sonic options. The unique steering and ducking meters indicate how the limiting process might influence the stereo image of your signal and provides visual feedback on how to minimise stereo degradation while using the channel link control. Meantime, the all-in-one waveform and threshold display lets you easily set your threshold and ceiling against the incoming signal level.
- Apple M1 Native Support: X-Gate is a universal binary, and features M1 Native support.
- All-in-one visualiser: The all-in-one waveform visualiser and threshold/ceiling sliders let the user easily set parameters against the incoming signal level.
- True Peak: True Peak mode engages SSL’s True Peak algorithm, ensuring that inter-sample peaks are effectively limited and providing momentary and max True Peak value readouts.
- Channel Link: The Ducking and Steering meters provide intuitive visual feedback to understand the effect of limiting on the stereo, helping guide users towards the ideal amount of channel linking for minimum stereo degradation.
- Styles function: Users can pick from four carefully designed limiter characteristics, including Transparent, Glue, Punch and Auto, allowing quick but versatile options for any occasion.
- Gain Lock: Allows uses to easily lock the applied gain to quickly demo different presets and styles for any given source material.
- Mix Control: When using the limiter to add punch rather than catch peaks, the Mix control enables users to dial back the effect.
X-Limit is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3, AU and AAX) and requires an iLok account.
For more information on X-Limit, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.