Impact Soundworks have released Rosette Mandolin, available at the intro price of $109, increasing to $129.00 after the promotion. The offer ends October 4th.
The mandolin is an essential element of American folk music. Rosette Mandolin puts this iconic instrument at your fingertips, capturing a bluegrass-style performance that works just as well in country, folk, Celtic, world music, and even rock or pop, on both rhythm & leads. Get naturally musical results playing it right out of the box, or customize the tone and performance with our powerful Rosette engine.
For this newest entry in Impact Soundworks’ Rosette series, they turned to legendary bluegrass musician and multi-instrumentalist Ronnie Stewart, recording him at bluegrass veteran Rickey Wasson’s Kentucky studio. To achieve the ultimate in realism with their virtual mandolin, they recorded up and down strokes on every string and fret, in a broad set of articulations. These include:
- Chops, the quick strums characteristic of bluegrass playing
- Tap, for fast passages
- Tremolo, tempo synced as well as manually controllable
- Grace notes
- Legato, both manual and automatic with hammer ons and pull-offs
All articulations are conveniently mapped and completely editable. The articulation set and deep sampling gives you the detail, variation, and expression to create a realistic performance and blend it smoothly with live instruments.
The powerful Rosette engine (built on Shreddage 3.5) works behind-the-scenes to make the instrument imminently playable, providing a natural and musical legato, using hammer-ons and pull-offs as needed. Conveniently mapped (and editable) key switches allow you to access the additional articulations efficiently. If you’re looking for a different tone or performance style, you can quickly run through presets to audition a wide variety of tones as well as alternative fretting and picking styles.
- Thousands of pristine 24-bit samples
- Exquisite studio recordings using the finest studio mics & preamps for stunning clarity and detail.
- 4-string F-style acoustic mandolin
- A classic instrument of American folk music, performed with a pick in a bluegrass style by one of Nashville’s finest.
- All crucial articulations
- Perform and write a huge range of possible lead & rhythm parts using sustains, tremolo, harmonics, hammer-on/pull-off, slides, chokes, pitched & unpitched releases, and rhythmic chops (major, minor, powerchord.)
- Realistic performances through meticulous sampling
- Every string sampled up to the highest (15th) fret using up and down picking, 3 dynamic levels, and up to 4 round robin variations.
- 11 production-ready tone snapshots
- Dry and up-close to ambient, these FX snapshots help Rosette Mandolin easily fit in any mix with just a click.
Watch the walkthrough HERE.
Rosette Mandoline requires a free or full versionnof Kontakt 6.7 or later.
For more information on Rosette Mandolin, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.