MusicDevelooments have released version 5 of RapidComposer which features a host of new features and fixes, available for £42.71 with various upgrade offers being available to existing users.
What’s new in version 5:
- Rhythm Lab: A state-of-the-art rhythm generator, set to render several preceding rhythm generators obsolete. All phrase generators now employ Rhythm Lab as their default setting, with refined default configurations.
- MIDI Transformer (Exclusive to the Full Edition): Elevate your creativity by dropping a MIDI file into this phrase generator. Witness the birth of a new phrase capturing the essence and style of your input.
- DAW View: A sophisticated global composition view, reminiscent of leading DAW interfaces. Enjoy features like multi-track phrase selection and movement, rubberbox selection across tracks, and easy multi-track MIDI file dropping.
- VST/VST3 sound effect integration.
- Ghost Tracks: Introducing ghost tracks with an ‘unghost’ option. These tracks encapsulate all phrases from the original, allowing rendering with or without initial track variations.
- Refined plugin handling architecture.
- Efficient plug-in scanning with blacklisting capabilities for crashed plug-ins.
- Introducing Variation Presets and a CC Envelope browser to streamline your work.
- Enhanced velocity editor for ‘Manual Editing’ with direct velocity setting when moving or resizing notes.
- Revamped UI.
- Scales may contain additional notes, so the special “major set”, “minor set”, “major/minor set” and similar scales are properly represented.
- Document organization with dedicated folders for different file types under Documents/RapidComposerV5.
- Plug-in enhancements including improved UI rendering, event management, and independent looping.
- Comprehensive internal optimizations and bug fixes.
Designed from the ground up for music composition and used by thousands of composers since 2010, RapidComposer is a unique, non-destructive, phrase-based music prototyping software designed for composers, songwriters and musicians of all musical styles.
Create great sounding chord progressions, use piano-style phrases even if you’ve never touched a piano, auto-harmonize melodies, get chord suggestions, load MIDI files with chord detection, use the chord palette or the “circle of fifths” chart, RapidComposer will always assist you in songwriting.
Phrases always conform to the current chord and scale on the master track. Forget about tinkering with notes. Lay out the chords on the master track, or just drop a chord progression on it, with a key-press you can generate a harmony track with perfect voice leading. Start composing now!
Rhythm and phrase generators are included for various purposes. Create monophonic or polyphonic patterns. Generate melody. Use variations to change phrases non-destructively. Slice or change the rhythm of existing phrases.
RapidComposer offers several ways to select chords for the master track or chord progressions including Tonnetz and Circle of Fifths. Color chord buttons by consonance, common notes, tonality or suggestions. Set up chord rules for progressions. Use chord voicings for tracks, phrases or master track chords.
RapidComposer will generate a multi-track composition with chords based on your settings, using your phrases. Different types of workflows are supported. Not just when you are out of ideas. (Full Edition only)
Melodya is a motive generator and editor, which was integrated into RapidComposer as a Melody Editor tab in v4.0. By enabling the chords track, you can create a melody for a given chord progression, so two entirely different workflows are supported. (Full Edition only)
The large chord, scale and chord progression libraries are expandable. The docked browsers will let you search, preview, sort, group and display the items. A file browser and a CC envelope browser was added too.
The user interface and the keyboard shortcuts can be fully customized. Set your preferred colors, font size, button shapes, borders with several themes included. Scalable vector graphics is used, so the UI will look great with any font size. The UI looks the same on Windows or macOS and supports retina/HiDPI screens.
RapidComposer 5 is available to PC and Mac users (VST2, VST3 and AU).
For more information on RapidComposer 5, click here:
NOTE: Some of the links you click on may be affiliated. Clicking and purchasing using these links helps support and fund The Beat Community. Thanks for your support.